Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Le’Veon Bell has a mid-foot sprain, will undergo an MRI

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    What's the fun in that? Didn't like the pick to begin with and still don't like it.

I remember when the pick was made there were A LOT of people on here that disliked the pick (to say the least). There was a long thread about it. Then, out of nowhere, everybody seemed to change their tune about the pick. I wonder why? Was it the homerism..... He's now a Steeler so he must be great?!?
    I cant speak for others but I have been saying he is the best back to come out of the Big Ten in many years. I loved the pick, and continue to love the pick despite an unfortunate injury which couldn't be prevented. So, I'm ok sitting back and allowing my opinions to be known on subjects with which we have actual information. But, hey maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by Shawn; 08-22-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I cant speak for others but I have been saying he is the best back to come out of the Big Ten in many years. I loved the pick, and continue to love the pick despite an unfortunate injury which couldn't be prevented. So, I'm ok sitting back and allowing my opinions to be known on subjects with which we have actual information. But, hey maybe that's just me.
    it's just you...lol.

Eddie George is the last good RB to come out of the B10 and have an impact in the NFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He didn't have much of a "bar" to gain the label of "best back to come out of the Big Ten in many years". Who set the bar? Mendy or Shon Greene? We will have to wait and see what he could do in the NFL. He is wearing a Steeler uniform now so there better not be any way in hell my feelings on the pick are right.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I was a bit shocked that we drafted Bell with Lacy still on the board. Afterwards, I did read about how the Steelers had major concerns about Lacy's toe.

I was a huge supporter of Lattimore but 49ers drafted him in the 4th. Obviously, he has major injury concerns but I thought he was the clear cut best overall RB in the draft.

Lacy was a beast of a RB in the SEC. Regardless of Alabama's o-line, he was still a beast when the going got tough. The SEC has a lot of size and speed on defense especially in the trenches. Some conferences have 1 or the other but not both. Add to that, he's facing tough teams week in and week out.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just a sprain, and like I said Adam and Jay just speculate just like most media. Here is Tomlin quote

As far as the early reports suggesting that he will be sidelined 6-8 weeks, Tomlin says he isn’t sure where those reports originated from.

“I don’t get caught up in those predictions,” said Tomlin. “Sometimes guys throw lines in the water just to see if something sticks. I don’t know where that came from. That was never expressed by any of our medical experts. That’s just today’s NFL.”
    Last edited by Steelhere10; 08-22-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin 'optimistic' regarding Bell's foot injury

August 22, 2013
    By Gerry Dulac and Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Coach Mike Tomlin said today that rookie running back Le'Veon Bell has a mid-foot sprain in his right foot, but the injury is not as severe as initially feared and he is "optimistic and encouraged" how Bell's foot has responded.

Tomlin said Bell would not play in Saturday night's preseason game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Heinz Field, but would not speculate on a possible return date.

But he said Bell does not need surgery and that the injury is not a Lisfranc sprain similar to the one incurred tight end Matt Spaeth two weeks ago. Spaeth had surgery to repair the tear and will be out at least eight to 10 weeks.

"We are optimistic and encouraged how it has developed over the last 48 and 72 hours, doing some things without discomfort," Tomlin said. "All those things are positive.

"We don't have a long range schedule [for his return]. We'll treat it conservatively with rehab and declare him out this week. But in the big scheme of things, that is encouraging news."

Asked if Bell would be ready for the regular-season opener against Tennessee, Tomlin said, "I hadn't asked. It's just great to hear that it is what it is. It's perking up day by day."

Bell was on crutches in the locker room, but he said he can walk and put pressure on his foot now after experiencing pain and discomfort in the hours after the injury occurred in Monday night's preseason game at Washington.

"I'm just taking it day by day and trying to get back as soon as I can," Bell said. "I'm already healing quick. As long as the process keeps going the way it is I should be back pretty quick."

Bell, who was known for his durability at Michigan State, has not discussed a timetable with doctors, but he indicated there will be a cautious approach with his rehab.

"It's going to be tough," he said. "If my foot even gets close to me feeling like I can play on it, I'm going to try to play on it. I know it's a long season. I want to make sure everything is comfortable, so I can play how I want to pay. I don't want the injury to come back or get worse. I want to make sure the injury is good and go from there."

Tomlin said he is "not concerned at all" that Bell has been injured three times already in training camp.

"You play football, you get hurt," he said. "It's part of it."

Without him, the Steelers will have to rely on the same two backs as they did last season when Rashard Mendenhall was hurt -- Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer.

However, Tomlin did not say who would start against the Chiefs because Redman is still working his way back from a stinger that kept him out of the game against the Redskins.

"We'll watch their participation (in practice) and make that determination at the 11th hour," Tomlin said.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-optimistic-regarding-bells-foot-injury-700373/#ixzz2ciV889aX[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    it's just you...lol.

Eddie George is the last good RB to come out of the B10 and have an impact in the NFL.
    That's not completely true but if Bell can stay healthy he will be the second. There is little doubt in my mind that the guy is special.

Legend

User Info Menu

Article quote...Bell, who was known for his durability at Michigan State

Legend

User Info Menu

Article quote...Bell, who was known for his durability at Michigan State
    hurt 3 times with the big boys...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    hurt 3 times with the big boys...
    382 carries usually means a back might have a hard time staying healthy the following season.