Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I do KNOW back then their total budget for the weight room was $100 a year. That's right.
    This makes zero sense. You couldn't run a lemonade stand in the 1920's for $100 a year. Where in the world did you get that information?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Coolio.
    Look, even the OWNER of the team said it was bad enough that they need to explore the area. Should we ask Art 2 if he has any "evidence" that they have more injuries than normal? Why has he said it needs looked into? I don't think you need an act of Congress to realize that in the last few years, the # of injuries to our OL has been higher than normal. Just use common sense. Is it really normal to be down to your 7th-round, rookie OT to start and to having to use a TE on your OL if one more player goes down? You don't think that is excessive in terms of injuries to your OL? Is that your contention?
    I don't know that the number of injuries to our O-Line has exceeded the norm. This past year I would say it did but I have no evidence of this. Since you started the topic I was hoping you could provide some stats that proved this.

Do you realize that some teams START late round rookies? Beachum actually did a decent job for us and I think he is a nice find by the scouts. One reason we almost had to use a TE is because Tomlin activates one less lineman in some games than most coaches do. Neither of these situations says we have more injuries to our O-line than the norm. It just means that Beachum was the next tackle up and we had 2 linemen injured in one game.

Are you so sure about all of that? I don't know FOR SURE what they are doing now, but I do KNOW what they were doing in the late 90s. I do KNOW back then their total budget for the weight room was $100 a year. That's right. So before YOU make assumptions about what I know, you might not want to jump to conclusions and assumptions yourself.
    Now you are getting to the meat of the issue. You say you KNOW what they were doing back in the late 90's but you neglect to say how or even state what they were doing. You just state that they were fricking it up. So just state what you know upfront and how you know it. That way people can make an informed decision on whether your topic has merit.

But you'd being doing so without any info. or insight whatsoever, making it a horrible analogy.
    I am doing it without any info but from what you posted you are doing the same thing so I believe my analogy stands.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    This makes zero sense. You couldn't run a lemonade stand in the 1920's for $100 a year. Where in the world did you get that information?
    From their strength and conditioning coach. Philosophy was after all the weights and equipment was purchased, they basically lasted forever so what did you need more $ for? They had duct tape wrapped around some of their benches. I guess that is where the $100 went towards: duct tape. Not saying that is still the case today; when they moved from 3RS to Heinz F they got a brand new, sparkling weight room, obviously.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is a blatant abuse of board rules. And, you need to look up the definition of ad hominem. And in each and every case of the above responses, it was others who used ad hominem attacks before I responded, still not resorting to ad hominem attacks. But, you sure are a real tough guy, with your internet tough guy act. Can you even get out of your chair without losing your breath?
    This is the best you can come back with?

You know- you came on this board a little while ago, sent me a friendly PM wanting to know how I became a Steeler fan, etc... I thought you sounded alright. And from pretty much that point on you've been a knob.

This is a good site. These posters here, they are good people to spend Steeler-time with. The likes of you, the smart-ass know-it-all, come & go every year.

All this crap about 'ad hominem attack this, ad hominem attack that'... nobody cares. You just sound like a bleating child.

"Oh, oh... looky, looky... he said a nasty thing to me Mods..."... I hope the Mods are reading this. They can pull me up on it if they want, that's fine. Posters like you ruin this place.

The annoying thing is, you can make good points. But you just follow it up with so much rubbish & vitriol toward other posters that your good points get lost in the muck you follow it up with.

Internet tough guy? Really? Never had anyone call me that before, and it's not the 'schtick' I try to achieve. But your attacks on my weight & also on BigRob's just make you look like a fool.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Now you are getting to the meat of the issue. You say you KNOW what they were doing back in the late 90's but you neglect to say how or even state what they were doing. You just state that they were fricking it up. So just state what you know upfront and how you know it. That way people can make an informed decision on whether your topic has merit.
    I realize that if I truly give all info. you all will just say I am making it up, so why bother? That is already the course it's gone even though I have not let all the truth out about how I know.

I am doing it without any info but from what you posted you are doing the same thing so I believe my analogy stands.
    In order for the analogy to stand you would have had to have stood in their bedrooms, viewed a chalk board of their sleeping routines, etc. Since you have not done that, the analogy is invalid.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    This is the best you can come back with?

You know- you came on this board a little while ago, sent me a friendly PM wanting to know how I became a Steeler fan, etc... I thought you sounded alright. And from pretty much that point on you've been a knob.

This is a good site. These posters here, they are good people to spend Steeler-time with. The likes of you, the smart-ass know-it-all, come & go every year.

All this crap about 'ad hominem attack this, ad hominem attack that'... nobody cares. You just sound like a bleating child.

"Oh, oh... looky, looky... he said a nasty thing to me Mods..."... I hope the Mods are reading this. They can pull me up on it if they want, that's fine. Posters like you ruin this place.

The annoying thing is, you can make good points. But you just follow it up with so much rubbish & vitriol toward other posters that your good points get lost in the muck you follow it up with.

Internet tough guy? Really? Never had anyone call me that before, and it's not the 'schtick' I try to achieve. But your attacks on my weight & also on BigRob's just make you look like a fool.
    Attack on weight? So now you are just making stuff up again. That takes real skill.....not. You continue to CREATE the ad hominem attacks, not reduce them. You continue to break board rules while I am not.

I guess the rules are just there for window dressing, as they don't seem to enforce them.

You have made personal attacks on me several times, just today. Your tough guy act is very unfortunate. It takes no courage to call others names from behind a keyboard.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You got it backwards. The personal attacks come to me, after I am merely expressing football opinions. Each and every time, that is the course. I don't deal with ad hominem attacks; I post on football. It is the likes of you who get into the personal attacks. If you get a little stiff arm back after you attack, don't be surprised. All your name calling breaks stated board rules. I thought you were a decent guy, but I don't respect those who deal in name calling. They are without substance and honor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Attack on weight? So now you are just making stuff up again. That takes real skill.....not
    Can you even get out of your chair without losing your breath?
    Care to explain?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

this clown isn't worth the bandwidth, but the mods favor him because he drives traffic.

pretty sad.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I realize that if I truly give all info. you all will just say I am making it up, so why bother? That is already the course it's gone even though I have not let all the truth out about how I know.

In order for the analogy to stand you would have had to have stood in their bedrooms, viewed a chalk board of their sleeping routines, etc. Since you have not done that, the analogy is invalid.
    Now how am I supposed to judge the info if you won't give it to me? Let me decide if I believe you or not but when you don't provide anything your statements mean as much to me as my statements on the mattress mean to you. That's why I said the analogy stands. You haven't provided me any info for me to make that judgement.

Now back to the O-line injuries ... the weight lifting regiment of the late 90's has nothing to do with their regiment now so we still don't have any information to make a judgement that their current training program is bad.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!