Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Haley and Lebeau game plans

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

blaming lebeau for this one doesn't hold water. He can't go out there and tackle too. As ruthless noted, he was down to "ups drivers" at that point and still they managed to get a critical stop and hand the ball to that talented offense we have here.

defense is far from perfect, but I'm much more concerned with the other side of the ball.

and lets not even start on special teams. I really would like to know the reasoning behind firing the coach halfway thru the preseason. Somebody needs to answer for that.
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 12-17-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    blaming lebeau for this one doesn't hold water. He can't go out there and tackle too. As ruthless noted, he was down to "ups drivers" at that point and still they managed to get a critical stop and hand the ball to that talented offense we have here.

defense is far from perfect, but I'm much more concerned with the other side of the ball.

and lets not even start on special teams. I really would like to know the reasoning behind firing the coach halfway thru the preseason. Somebody needs to answer for that.
    The special teams have been awful and a lot of it seems to be coaching related. Maybe AB has complete autonomy to determiene where he lines up for a punt, but isn't there a bit of a coaching responsibility there? And that is to say nothing of the penalties.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AB had a complete meltdown yesterday. No kind way to put it. Ne admitted that he got gun shy and let that last punt drop in front of him. I don't think he wanted any part of catching and subsequently backed up to far. I hope I'm wrong because that's not a mindset you want from your star receiver.

I cringe everytime butler goes out there now. I think he had two yesterday that he put into the EZ for 50 yards net combined. We are getting killed in that area as other teams punters are putting us in a hole consistently.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    AB had a complete meltdown yesterday. No kind way to put it. Ne admitted that he got gun shy and let that last punt drop in front of him. I don't think he wanted any part of catching and subsequently backed up to far. I hope I'm wrong because that's not a mindset you want from your star receiver.

I cringe everytime butler goes out there now. I think he had two yesterday that he put into the EZ for 50 yards net combined. We are getting killed in that area as other teams punters are putting us in a hole consistently.
    I went bonkers when Butler kicked a coffin corner kick to midfield after punting directly into the endzone on his previous punt. He started off the season bad and has gotten progressively worse. We deserve a good punter. Usually the best Ds have some of the best punters. Except us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Suisham was hot garbage last year, but the team obviously saw something in him that none of us saw, and they kept him around (in spite of all of our protesting to the contrary) and dude has been absolute money this year.

Perhaps we see the same trajectory with Butler going into next season. One can only hope.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Suisham was hot garbage last year, but the team obviously saw something in him that none of us saw, and they kept him around (in spite of all of our protesting to the contrary) and dude has been absolute money this year.

Perhaps we see the same trajectory with Butler going into next season. One can only hope.
    I agree. Butler is a rookie who can get better. He isn't this teams problem.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

The team has many problems....At times, I agree the Butler is one of them....

He has done a decent job this year but his leg appears weak...I would say he is average or probably closer to below average as a punter...Often times we lose the field position battle and rarely does Butler provide a booming punt that changes the field position battle.

How many times has the Ravens punter changed field position with a great punt?

But then again, our offense wouldn't know what to do with good field position any way so this a moot point....The offense is very proficient at squandering field position after big special teams plays or turn-overs...