Page 183 of 239 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2390

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    in the first half against the Bills today, CEH has run 10 times for 94 yards and had a TD called back.

what a bust
    Le'veon doesn't have a burst so they wouldn't be smart to replace CEH with Le'veon, except on the goalline. So does that mean Le'Veon gets 3-6 touches a game. Is he going to stand still for that treatment. He wants to be the Steak not the sizzle. Complementary piece and goalline back do not rhyme with Le'Veon. He won't be happy and get released. His devoted fans want him back on the Steelers so his 3.3 yrd per carry can replace Conner's 4.9. Very smart.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    his career isn’t over yet. As we are seeing, the Jets staff is a dumpster fire. Getting released was the best thing that could’ve happened to him. We shall see if he still has it.

Can’t blame the OL or coaching in KC.
    Its not over yet.. but Bell's trajectory (had he remained in Pitt) was a HOF career.. he gambled by leaving (and lost). He turned down 14.5 mill to sit a year... signs for more "Guaranteed money"... then gets cut a little over a year into the deal.. now hes likely going to be a journeyman for the rest of his career... making middle of the road RB money.. there's little doubt in my mind he lost money and tons of production by leaving pitt

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

CEH has 162 rushing yards. It would take Le'veon three games to get that. Hope they make sure Le'Veon gets the most touches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Its not over yet.. but Bell's trajectory (had he remained in Pitt) was a HOF career.. he gambled by leaving (and lost). He turned down 14.5 mill to sit a year... signs for more "Guaranteed money"... then gets cut a little over a year into the deal.. now hes likely going to be a journeyman for the rest of his career... making middle of the road RB money.. there's little doubt in my mind he lost money and tons of production by leaving pitt
    Personally I think Bell made a career mistake by leaving the Steelers. He was in a good situation where the Steelers had adequate talent around him to maximize his potential. Unfortunately, Bell made a business decision which was a win win for him financially.

Bell will be fine if he managed his money properly. Bell as an all time great probably won't happen as this point. I believe the Steelers would had made the playoffs with Bell in 2018 and 2019. What could've been. I don't have any ill will towards him regardless of his poor decision making. I don't believe the Steelers have ill will towards him either.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    CEH has 162 rushing yards. It would take Le'veon three games to get that. Hope they make sure Le'Veon gets the most touches.
    total bust

lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    total bust

lol
    Andy Reid on adding Le’Veon Bell: “We don’t turn away good players and he’s a good one”

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on October 20, 2020

With rookie Clyde Edwards-Helaire rushing for 161 yards on 26 carries Monday evening in Buffalo, it may not seem as though a big name running back was among the most pressing needs for the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Chiefs rushed for 245 yards on 46 carries in total in their 26-17 win over the Bills. Now that rushing attack gets to work former All-Pro rusher Le'Veon Bell into the mix starting this week. Bell officially signed with the Chiefs over the weekend after being let go by the New York Jets after repeated spats with head coach Adam Gase.

So why add Bell to the equation?

“We don’t turn away good players and he’s a good one,” head coach Andy Reid told reporters postgame. “It’s exciting to have him around and we’ll see how he does.”

Bell had just 74 yards on 19 carries in two games played for the Jets this season. Mired with the moribund Jets, Bell is also coming off the worst statistical full season of his career with 789 yards on 245 carries last season. But after Damien Williams‘ decision to opt out from the season in July, Bell adds some veteran presence to the backfield of Edwards-Helaire, Darrel Williams, DeAndre Washington and Darwin Thompson moving forward.

“He’s got to get in the playbook and learn everything but he’s a pretty smart kid and has been doing it a long time so I don’t think he’ll have a problem with that,” Reid said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-a-good-one/
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 10-20-2020 at 03:38 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good player at the vet minimum... absolutely.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Personally I think Bell made a career mistake by leaving the Steelers. He was in a good situation where the Steelers had adequate talent around him to maximize his potential. Unfortunately, Bell made a business decision which was a win win for him financially.

Bell will be fine if he managed his money properly. Bell as an all time great probably won't happen as this point. I believe the Steelers would had made the playoffs with Bell in 2018 and 2019. What could've been. I don't have any ill will towards him regardless of his poor decision making. I don't believe the Steelers have ill will towards him either.
    Some good points there. IMO.. Bell lost out financially by leaving. Had he played on the franchise tag in 2018.. he would have pocketed 14.5 mill. He obviously lost that by sitting out.. I believe he would have gotten a nice 4 or 5 year deal worth alot more than what he made with the JETS. No way we cut him a year into the deal either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Some good points there. IMO.. Bell lost out financially by leaving. Had he played on the franchise tag in 2018.. he would have pocketed 14.5 mill. He obviously lost that by sitting out.. I believe he would have gotten a nice 4 or 5 year deal worth alot more than what he made with the JETS. No way we cut him a year into the deal either.
    He didn’t want to play in the tag and risk injury. Bell was frustrated because he didn’t get a chance to test the market. I don’t think I’ve ever known a player who was happy to be on a restricted tag.

While fans say he made a mistake, those same fans didn’t think he deserved or would even get the numbers he wanted. Yet, we saw other RB’s get more guaranteed money during that time frame.

hindsight is always 20/20 but people forget that the numbers they thought he would get were way lower than what other RB’s received. He knew there was money out there but the Steelers stopped him from getting it.

You may laugh at him being a journey man but he played one less year, made 27 mill for 17 games and has a chance to get another contract while playing for KC. Bell is fine financially and the HOF doesn’t pay nearly as much as these present day contracts.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He didn’t want to play in the tag and risk injury. Bell was frustrated because he didn’t get a chance to test the market. I don’t think I’ve ever known a player who was happy to be on a restricted tag.

While fans say he made a mistake, those same fans didn’t think he deserved or would even get the numbers he wanted. Yet, we saw other RB’s get more guaranteed money during that time frame.

hindsight is always 20/20 but people forget that the numbers they thought he would get were way lower than what other RB’s received. He knew there was money out there but the Steelers stopped him from getting it.

You may laugh at him being a journey man but he played one less year, made 27 mill for 17 games and has a chance to get another contract while playing for KC. Bell is fine financially and the HOF doesn’t pay nearly as much as these present day contracts.
    We are going to have a situation coming up in the offseason where Dupree might make a mistake going else where. The Steelers wanted to resign Dupree to an extension. I am not sure what they offered him.

Dupree is a good player. Bud and the players on the defensive unit benefit from each other. Dupree probably won't be the same caliber of player if he goes to a lesser talented defensive unit. Players must weigh everything. Sometimes I think it's worth it for players to take a little less money if they are happy and in a good situation.

I think Heyward is a prime example. Heyward left some guaranteed money on the table. He probably could had gotten more as a FA. I think Heyward took a little less up front money to remain in Pittsburgh.