Thread: Steelers was the only team....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    You obviously don't spend a lot of time in Pittsburgh.

Ben isn't as beloved there as you think he is.

Charlie Batch gets more respect.

From the fans.

From the media.

From his owners.

FACT!
    Just plain wrong. Don't assume your hatred on Ben is common.

Anyone who has watched Steelers football more than a day know Ben is the best thing that has happened to this team in 25 years because many of us remember the "Dark Ages" after Bradshaw retired. A QB like Ben is even more important in today's NFL and the drop off in our team would be huge if we didn't have him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Just plain wrong. Don't assume your hatred on Ben is common.

Anyone who has watched Steelers football more than a day know Ben is the best thing that has happened to this team in 25 years because many of us remember the "Dark Ages" after Bradshaw retired. A QB like Ben is even more important in today's NFL and the drop off in our team would be huge if we didn't have him.
    The locals don't agree.

Neither does his lawyer owner.

Other than John Elway by Dan Reeves, I can't recall another HOF QB who gets treated with the blatant disrespect that Ben has received from this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Other than John Elway by Dan Reeves, I can't recall another HOF QB who gets treated with the blatant disrespect that Ben has received from this team.
    ??? How much does he make per season? Sign me up to be so "blatantly disrespected"...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    ??? How much does he make per season? Sign me up to be so "blatantly disrespected"...
    It's not about money. He'd get that amount anywhere else.

I'm talking about how they value him, how they use him as a player, how they respect his talent.

And they don't.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's not about money. He'd get that amount anywhere else.

I'm talking about how they value him, how they use him as a player, how they respect his talent.

And they don't.
    His "lack of respect" could have something to do with skipping out on massive bar bills, groping women, having sex in public bathrooms and just generally being "Bonehead Ben" for much of the time. Plus, he plays QB like he is throwing for his frat in an intramural football game with a keg on the sidelines.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    His "lack of respect" could have something to do with skipping out on massive bar bills, groping women, having sex in public bathrooms and just generally being "Bonehead Ben" for much of the time. Plus, he plays QB like he is throwing for his frat in an intramural football game with a keg on the sidelines.
    No truth to the bar tabs. None. Public bathroom sex? None.

Actualy he plays QB like a Hall of Famer.

Sad that the majority of Steelers fans don't respect that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No truth to the bar tabs. None. Public bathroom sex? None.
    Why? Just because you say so?

Actualy he plays QB like a Hall of Famer.
    He used to, not anymore. He has gone from Big Ben to Bonehead Ben.

He went from being "clutch" and pulling out wins near the end of games, to now being the REASON we lose, in critical games like vs. Dallas and Cinci. He had the ball with the chance to win the game and in both instances he threw game-losing picks and they cost us the play offs. Ben hasn't been clutch since 2008. He was FAIL in our last Super Bowl, having the ball with a chance to win at the end of the game and came up FAIL. He now plays like a frat boy playing in an intramural game with a keg on the side lines.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not about money. He'd get that amount anywhere else. I'm talking about how they value him, how they use him as a player, how they respect his talent. And they don't.
    At a base salary of almost $12 million per? I'd say they value him pretty highly. Obviously, you disagree with they way they use him, but in the NFL, they wouldn't be keeping him as starting QB if they didn't respect his talent.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 03-20-2013 at 06:46 PM.