Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Grade for this years draft: B+

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I don't know if Harrison is the type that is into mentoring young players. Maybe someone else can enlighten us. If he's not, I question bringing him in for depth when we have younger guys who could use the experience and play special teams too.
    The special team point is excellent. Love James but it's done. We need Porter to motivate and teach.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Bringing Harrison back doesn't show a lot of faith in JJ
    Or maybe Worilds...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Keenan Lewis DB - OK, but we only got one season of play out of him. Anal Retentive LeBoo strikes again.
    Don't try to blame LeBeau for Lewis...

He was the #2 CB in training camp and immatured himself out of a starting job...that's not LeBeau...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

He was the #2 CB in training camp and immatured himself out of a starting job...that's not LeBeau...
    So as "guru defensive coach" who would be in charge of making Lewis grow up and "get it?" We hear what a Jedi Knight LeBoo is as a coach, but when a player fails to understand of how to be a pro, LeBoo gets a pass? So he gets all credit for things that are good, and nothing but excuses for when things go wrong? OK, I get it. It's called a double standard.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I don't know if Harrison is the type that is into mentoring young players. Maybe someone else can enlighten us. If he's not, I question bringing him in for depth when we have younger guys who could use the experience and play special teams too.
    Harrison is more likely to knock someone's head off, beat him in the weight room or arm wrestling more than he would be apt to "mentor" a youngster. It's just not him. He is a bad @ss, through and through.

Rookie

User Info Menu

...when a player fails to understand of how to be a pro, LeBoo gets a pass?
    Umm...yes...

These men are adults...

If you get fired from your job for messing up, is it the fault of your boss?

Legend

User Info Menu

You are right on the money. His temper tantrum in Denver, combined with being outplayed by Willie Gay, led to him only playing in a rotation. Sometimes, the light comes on later for guys. Lewis was on the bubble to even make the team in 2012, and ended up having a stellar season. That's a credit to the coaching staff, not a knock against them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Umm...yes...

These men are adults...

If you get fired from your job for messing up, is it the fault of your boss?
    It could very well be.

Legend

User Info Menu

It could very well be.

..... your attitude is endemic to the 'blame everyone' but the person that has most control over their situation.

I can't think of a high round player that was never given a chance to succeed before being cut.

Legend

User Info Menu

The sick one has a valid point about getting too giddy over the recent draft. Every year on Steelers' boards, it seems as though the majority of the posters proclaim that draft class to be exceptional. But as we've seen 3 or 4 years later, they haven't looked so spectacular. I remember being criticized for giving a couple of Steelers drafts a "C" grade. But after a few seasons had gone by, my grade looked a whole lot more accurate.

I hope this draft hit a home run on every single selection. I want to be optimistic. But I'm not sure we did enough to address a couple of big needs, including our most glaring weakness.