Thread: Wallace a chicken?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Wallace out performed his last contract, and I think that performance dictates his next contract. Just because he signed a rookie contract, does not mean he is not deserving of a substantial raise. The Steelers have a history of signing guys to extensions BEFORE their current one expires. In my opinion he's earned it. Football is a game that can end in an instant. Would you sacrafice all of your future earning power for a temporary contract?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I think Wallace out performed his last contract, and I think that performance dictates his next contract. Just because he signed a rookie contract, does not mean he is not deserving of a substantial raise. The Steelers have a history of signing guys to extensions BEFORE their current one expires. In my opinion he's earned it. Football is a game that can end in an instant. Would you sacrafice all of your future earning power for a temporary contract?
    He was offered a substantial raise (at least what Brown got but reportedly $9M per year) and by all accounts turned it down. He wants more than a substantial raise. He wants top 3 WR money and he doesn't deserve it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"