Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Suck

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This thread worked as designed. Great comeback. Nail biter the whole way.

Phew.
    Game was an emotional roller coaster. Me n my boys each had our moments of screaming at the lack of execution we displayed for most of this contest. I'm exhausted after this one.

Legend

User Info Menu

This thread worked as designed.
    I just knew it!!!!
    Flippy IS the Sith Lord

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-18-2018 at 09:37 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I got nervous at first because I thought the football gods knew I wasn’t serious.

So I tried being more negative as the game went out to get the right JuJu in this thread.

Not or exactly sure I hit the right balance, but it worked and I’ll take it. It felt eerily similar to the ending of the game. ��
    Dude chill out. You have done your job.

If your rare and uncharacteristic negativity is what wins us games your crazy early season rant giving up completely on the team, was enough to guarantee a SB victory.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Hysterical old women. Thank goodness the team doesn't quit like the fans
    Yeah imagine that after collecting their salaries and such...Not everyone can be as great a fan as you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Yeah imagine that after collecting their salaries and such...Not everyone can be as great a fan as you.
    Don't have to be great, just do not dive into a cesspool of negativity at the first indication of difficulty or a challenge

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't have to be great, just do not dive into a cesspool of negativity at the first indication of difficulty or a challenge
    On the flip side, the fans that allow themselves to experience their raw negative feelings probably get a true sense of euphoria when we win that other rational fans cannot appreciate.

We appreciate the highs more when we know the lows.

I'm ridiculously optimistic in just about every situation, but I think it's good to swim in the emotional Steelers' cesspool with our friends from time to time because they're our friends and it's fun to celebrate with everyone. Ultimately we want to celebrate that high of #7 together

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Juju showed up for sure, he was just saving it for the end.

I'm glad he made me eat my words.
    Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

JuJu Smith-Schuster was "kind of the hero" of the game for his ability to win matchups outside, Ben Roethlisberger said. He also won with locker-room fashion.

20h

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We can only hope no other team adopts the jags method to beat us.
    Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Only gutsy, brawling play and a diving Ben Roethlisberger could slay the Jaguars dragon. The epic fourth-quarter comeback showed the resolve of a team primed for a special season, but it also exposes a few flaws. Rangy defenders and a stout running game can control the pace on Pittsburgh. That will need to change for the stretch run.

20h
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

This thread worked as designed. Great comeback. Nail biter the whole way.

Phew.
    Sith Lord Flippy...

When can Pens fans expect a much-needed "Penguins Suck" thread from you?

Your evil magic could also be put to good use on ice.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Only gutsy, brawling play and a diving Ben Roethlisberger could slay the Jaguars dragon. The epic fourth-quarter comeback showed the resolve of a team primed for a special season, but it also exposes a few flaws. Rangy defenders and a stout running game can control the pace on Pittsburgh. That will need to change for the stretch run.

20h
    Well, we'll see how much the Broncos try to duplicate with the Jags did.