Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Why we picked JuJu

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Our WR corps doesn't suck. These kids are young and DHB was hurt. However, every year we have to draft players so why not continue to stockpile WR's since we dress 6 each week. Players get injured, dinged up or gassed after big plays so keep drafting them every year.
    Juju was taken in the second round ( high) for a reason. Shows you how much faith they really have in all the WR behind AB.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think the pick has anything to do with Bryant, I think they wanted a guy who could work the middle of the field, while AB and Bryant cause havoc on the outside. Probably also wanted another red zone target.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like what Haley said that he's good at 50/50 balls.
    That something even with Bryant coming back our wr corps (outside of ab) has to really improve on

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Juju was taken in the second round ( high) for a reason. Shows you how much faith they really have in all the WR behind AB.
    or maybe they believe he was the best player available. Nothing wrong with adding to the arsenal. Seems like everyone wants to read deep into this draft pick.

It means Bryant is gone, it means Coates is gone, it means everyone else sucks.

How about it it means we added another WR because damn near every year we add a WR?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

If Colbert feels he can go WR (BPA as you said) in the second round and pass on more read alert areas, it says that he's cool with the secondary the way it is and he's fine with the lb corps after getting Watt. Old saying, " actions speak louder then words"..;Colbert's actions told us how he feels about the secondary and the lb corps.

But... with all the db's taken, there will be a few veterans released. Colbert could be planning to sign a veteran. He'll have his opportunity when the second wave of free agency begins.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    If Colbert feels he can go WR (BPA as you said) in the second round and pass on more read alert areas, it says that he's cool with the secondary the way it is and he's fine with the lb corps after getting Watt. Old saying, " actions speak louder then words"..;Colbert's actions told us how he feels about the secondary and the lb corps.

But... with all the db's taken, there will be a few veterans released. Colbert could be planning to sign a veteran. He'll have his opportunity when the second wave of free agency begins.
    There was no second round DB's left when we picked, JuJu was probably the BPA with a second round grade, you don't draft a 3rd round DB in the 2nd round just because DB is a need. I think you are reading way too much in the pick, not every move has a hidden message behind it.
    Last edited by Mr.wizard; 04-30-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    There was no second round DB's left when we picked, JuJu was probably the BPA with a second round grade, you don't draft a 3rd round DB in the 2nd round just because DB is a need. I think you are reading way too much in the pick, not every move has a hidden message behind it.
    Im down on the pick because there were some quality ILB's there when we picked Juju...and we are razor thin at ILB. If Timmons were still here, I could digest this pick a little better.

Rookie

User Info Menu

We were also razor thin at WR...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

Just goes to show you...MEASURABLES don't win games...WARRIORS DO! And as nice as it is to run a fast 40 time, or jump 40 inches, and so on....there is NO test for a Individuals " GANAS "....DESIRE!

And anyone reading that link....can tell Juju has the Ganas.