Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 likely to not make team, Moye included

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I doubt we keep any WR's named Wheatly, particularly since there are none on the roster entering training camp.
    Wheatly, Wheaton, with a total of 11 catches to his name, I ain't worried about getting his name perfect. Show me at least 40 catches and I will try harder.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Wheatly, Wheaton, with a total of 11 catches to his name, I ain't worried about getting his name perfect. Show me at least 40 catches and I will try harder.
    Markus Wheaton had a total of 6 catches for 64 yards as a rookie (which, coincidentally, is the exact same number of catches and yards that Limas Sweed had as a rookie, by the way).

I guess this Wheatly dude had 11.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Markus Wheaton had a total of 6 catches for 64 yards as a rookie (which, coincidentally, is the exact same number of catches and yards that Limas Sweed had as a rookie, by the way).

I guess this Wheatly dude had 11.
    Thats wierd. I feel like the odds of that are just so slim lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Thats wierd. I feel like the odds of that are just so slim lol
    As slim as Sweed's and Wheaton's legs!

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

What's probably very disappointing for Moye is he was one catch away from getting more PT. If he pulls down that TD catch we are likely having a different conversation.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What's probably very disappointing for Moye is he was one catch away from getting more PT. If he pulls down that TD catch we are likely having a different conversation.
    It is interesting how fickle the NFL is. Off the top of my head I can think of two others immediately who were in the same situation. Joe Burnett dropped an int that would have won a game vs the Raiders in his rookie season. We all remember Limas Sweed dropping the sure TD in the Ravens game (and one in the Cincy game). Both guys washed out shortly after.

Maybe be there were other behind the scenes circumstances we don't know about, but it's pretty wild to see how quickly fortunes can change.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    It is interesting how fickle the NFL is. Off the top of my head I can think of two others immediately who were in the same situation. Joe Burnett dropped an int that would have won a game vs the Raiders in his rookie season. We all remember Limas Sweed dropping the sure TD in the Ravens game (and one in the Cincy game). Both guys washed out shortly after.

Maybe be there were other behind the scenes circumstances we don't know about, but it's pretty wild to see how quickly fortunes can change.
    I still think there is something there with Moye. But, I am a realist. He doesn't make this team unless something crazy happens during the preseason with injuries or with his play. He is on the outside looking in. I think the Steelers keep 5...and Bey and Moye are out the door.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I still think there is something there with Moye. But, I am a realist. He doesn't make this team unless something crazy happens during the preseason with injuries or with his play. He is on the outside looking in. I think the Steelers keep 5...and Bey and Moye are out the door.
    id be very surprised if DHB doesnt make the roster

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post

I think it's a combination, of plays that make or break them, and the long sample size of what they do in practice. But I do think that players make it or break it from just a few key plays in a real game: Come through, and you get more chances, and then you keep coming through and you find yourself a starter (Brown, Hines Ward); make some key drops and you find yourself out of the league completely (Sweed, Moye). Funny how the guys with those few key drops don't end up making it on any other team as well - which goes to show you that they are probably right in knowing if a guy has it or not from just a few key plays. The eye test tells me Moye just doesn't have it. Even when he did catch the ball, he looked awkward and almost got killed. I even think Justin Brown has a more likely upside.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    make some key drops and you find yourself out of the league completely (Sweed, Moye).
    Glad to see that you already consider Moye to be "out of the league completely" before even one training camp practice.