Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice gets a joke of a suspension

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    What was she doing, trying to murder you? Did she have a weapon on you? It's hard to envision many scenarios where you would have to do what you did...so please, enlighten us.

I hope you're not one of those low-life scums that beats his wife/girlfriend.

Actually, one could say yes to that. This woman was the Ex-Girlfriend of one of my better friends. This happened a long time ago. We were over another one of our friends house having a small get together. And my friends Ex had been constantly calling him, showing up at his place wanting to get back together. Well David....my friend politely stated he did not.

Well on the night we were all out at that other friends house....David's Ex shows up, ranting a Raving, she suddenly pulls out a Big Bowie Knife, and starts to go after David's new Girlfriend, she then tries to also attack David and me, she in fact swings the knife one time that maybe misses my throat by 1/4 inch. So, when she for a moment turned her attention away slightly, I turned and did a spinning wheel kick to her Ribs. She was definitely stunned...but she did not drop the Knife, so I used ALL my power on my then 5ft, 11, 240 Lb 28 year old Body, and hit her square in her face. And she was 5ft, 5, 97Lbs Max.

I broke her nose bad enough to where it didn't even heal to over 2 years later. She had to have her spleen removed as well, and be placed in a medically endouced Coma, cause her Ribs were too painful for her to breathe.

And guess what...I don't feel the LEAST bit bad about what I did. As they say..." Don't start NONE...Won't be NONE Partner "!

That by the way applies to not only men, but to women as well. So no, not EVERYTIME a man whales off and Punches a woman Isn't a Crime.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah....I'm pretty sure Rice wasnt defending his life.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    .......To turn MYSELF IN for what just happened to the guy
    that's why I would call the police immediately...to protect myself from going to jail for killing the scumbag.

Backup

User Info Menu

Hawaiian, I understand how you would feel if that happened to your daughter. But, let me give you some advice...via from a GREAT Classic Movie......" Keep your friends close...but your enimies CLOSER! " In other words, if that did happen to your daughter, what you do is DON'T call the police. Make it seem that you understand, and say to him that you will help him get some help, ect. In other words, remove any and all Motive, and wait, then ESTABLISH an Alibi....then, tell your daughters Boyfriend/Hubby if he wants to go with you to help you with some errands. Take his to a PRE DUG Hole out in nowhere...BURY the [email]B@stard!!....And[/email] call it a night.!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Hawaiian, I understand how you would feel if that happened to your daughter. But, let me give you some advice...via from a GREAT Classic Movie......" Keep your friends close...but your enimies CLOSER! " In other words, if that did happen to your daughter, what you do is DON'T call the police. Make it seem that you understand, and say to him that you will help him get some help, ect. In other words, remove any and all Motive, and wait, then ESTABLISH an Alibi....then, tell your daughters Boyfriend/Hubby if he wants to go with you to help you with some errands. Take his to a PRE DUG Hole out in nowhere...BURY the [EMAIL="B@stard!!....And"]B@stard!!....And[/EMAIL] call it a night.!!
    great advice!

Legend

User Info Menu

Comparing Ray Rice's 2-game suspension for punching fiancee

Posted: Jul 24, 2014
    posted by Mike Durkin

Ray Rice of the Baltimore Ravens will be suspended 2 games by the NFL for a Feb. 15 incident in Atlantic City, New Jersey in which he allegedly punched his fiancee, knocking her unconscious before dragging her out of an elevator.

Here’s how Rice’s suspension compares to those of his NFL colleagues:

Josh Gordon (WR, Cleveland Browns): Suspended one year for a positive test for marijuana. It was Gordon’s second positive test in two years, and his third positive test since college.

Robert Mathis (LB, Indianapolis Colts): Suspended 4 games for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances. Mathis tested positive for a fertility drug.

Terrelle Pryor (QB, Oakland Raiders): Suspended for the first 5 games of his NFL career for receiving improper benefits during his college career at Ohio State.

Pro Football Talk’s Darin Gantt was quick to point out the hypocrisy of a league that makes very public appeals to women, but hands down such a light punishment for a domestic violence offense.

“But perhaps more poignantly, he’ll be back on the field by October, when the NFL wraps itself in pink to remind us how valuable their female customers are to them,” Gantt wrote.

Rice avoided prosecution and jail time by agreeing to enter a pre-trial intervention program in May. After one year, the assault charges against Rice will be expunged and will not be part of his record.

The backlash

“So basically the NFL is saying it would've been a bigger deal if Ray Rice asked his wife for some weed instead of punching her in the face.” – Rob Fee, writer and comedian

“Total money lost for Ray Rice on fine & 2-game suspension: $528,588.24.” – Darren Rovell, ESPN

“Here's some perspective = the NFL fining Ray Rice $58k is like fining a person who made $50k over last 2 years $116. It's a speeding ticket.” – Matt Miller, Bleacher Report

[URL]http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/26104180/comparing-ray-rices-2-game-suspension-for-punching-fiancee[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Posted by Hawaiian in another thread, just wanted to make sure y'all saw it--sort of a related story...

Cam Thomas is being sued for allegedly infecting women with herpes, amongst other things.

By Jack Finn on Jul 26 2014

The Steelers 2014 free agency acquisition, Cam Thomas, is being sued by his former girlfriend for infecting her with herpes, amongst other transgressions.

Sexual battery, assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional, distress fraud through intentional concealment, and negligence.

That's the laundry list of transgressions Cam Thomas is being sued for, with the claimant seeking $25,000 in damages.

Recently signed in free agency as a nose tackle/defensive end, the player nicknamed "Baby Zilla" has a bright future in Pittsburgh if his versatility can be utilized along the defensive line. However this personal baggage stretches back to 2009, where he met a woman, known simply as Adrienne E, in a sports bar in Atlanta.

According to popdust, Thomas and Adrienne began a relationship which eventually became sexual in nature. All was well until "Adrienne E. noticed something alarming: Thomas allegedly had puss filled bumps on his behind and thighs. She asked him about the suspicious blisters, but he insisted they were just skin irritations from his football girdle".

"Later, according to the legal docs, Adrienne E. noticed Thomas had bruises on his penis. She asked if they too were caused by his girdle, but, she claims, he said that these were from getting his penis stuck in his zipper, and the plaintiff opted to forgo sexual contact until said bruises healed."

Despite all this, the couple eventually moved in together. Later Adrienne discovered that Thomas had been unfaithful, and confronted him at practice. He allegedly responded by driving onto the freeway, screaming "we all have to die sometime" and attempting to throw her out the moving car.

In the the wake of that event, Adrienne E. left Thomas, only to eventually return. In the weeks that followed Thomas allegedly choked her, set the bed on fire whilst she was in it and burned her with her flat iron.

Shortly after these events, Adrienne E. discovered she had herpes and that is when she presumably decided to sue.

Given the recent events surrounding Maurkice Pouncey, it is easy to label this as just another money grab. However that would be irresponsible. Thomas is charged with some serious stuff, a woman has allegedly suffered quite an ordeal, and there will be legal proceedings held to establish the legitimacy of these claims.

That said, it should be noted that this is a civil lawsuit (for money) and not a criminal one. Given the nature of Thomas' alleged behavior, it seems the latter would be more appropriate.

[URL="http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2014/7/26/5939307/cam-thomas-is-being-sued-for-allegedly-infecting-women-with-herpes"]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...en-with-herpes[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm assuming that our team physicians examine a guy before we sign him. In which case they would see the symptoms if Thomas is in the "outbreak" stage at the time of the exam. If the herpes is dormant, I've read that there are tests that can be administered to detect it, or at least detect if he ever had it.

In any case, not the type of story I wanted to see this morning or any morning.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 07-27-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL V.P. Adolpho Birch struggles to justify Ray Rice suspension

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has not yet spoken publicly on the controversial two-game suspension given to Ravens running back Ray Rice for assaulting his wife. But one of Goodell’s top deputies, NFL V.P. of labor policy and government affairs Adolpho Birch, went on the radio this morning in an attempt to explain. It did not go well.

Birch’s appearance on this morning’s Mike & Mike was so bad — so totally incapable of justifying the relatively light punishment handed to Rice — that host Mike Greenberg felt the need after the interview to address the listeners who had contacted the show to express their frustration with Birch’s evasions. Greenberg said he was frustrated by Birch’s evasions, too.

“I’m a little taken aback by the conversation, to be honest with you. The reaction is overwhelming and no one seems to think that he did a particularly good job of answering the questions,” Greenberg said minutes after the interview with Birch ended. “I do not feel that most people listening to that discussion feel they got an adequate explanation of how they arrived at two games.”

So how did the NFL arrive at two games for Rice? Well, Birch didn’t really have much of an answer. At one point he said the NFL was “bound in large part by precedent in prior cases.” But Birch said that just moments after insisting that prior cases — particularly the suspension of Ben Roethlisberger after he was accused of (but not criminally charged with) sexual assault — couldn’t be compared to the Rice case.

Birch also refused to answer whether the NFL is aware of information that isn’t available to the general public, such as surveillance camera footage beyond what has been widely distributed showing Rice dragging his unconscious then-fiancee out of an elevator. But Birch insisted that a two-game suspension without pay isn’t a minor punishment.

“It is multiple games and hundreds of thousands of dollars. I think it’s fair to say that doesn’t reflect that you condone the behavior,” Birch said.

But the question isn’t whether the NFL condones a player beating up his wife. The question is whether the NFL is willing to take severe disciplinary actions against a player who beats up his wife. And the answer to that question is a resounding, “No.” The NFL hands out longer suspensions for everything from getting caught smoking pot repeatedly, to taking Adderall without filling out the necessary paperwork to — in the case of Roethlisberger — being accused of crimes without any arrests or charges. For the NFL to come down harder on pot smokers, Adderall users and players who weren’t evan arrested than it came down on Rice is baffling and requires an explanation.

Birch may have been trying to explain, but he failed. Greenberg said that in the minutes after the interview, the show got thousands of reactions via Twitter and email and that, “I can’t find a single one of them that said, ‘Well, that explained it for me.’ Literally not a single one.”

After Birch’s unsuccessful attempt to to explain the suspension, it’s time for Goodell to step up. NFL fans want to know why Ray Rice got off easy, and they want to hear it from Goodell.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/28/nfl-v-p-adolpho-birch-struggles-to-justify-ray-rice-suspension/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    NFL V.P. Adolpho Birch struggles to justify Ray Rice suspension

After Birch’s unsuccessful attempt to to explain the suspension, it’s time for Goodell to step up. NFL fans want to know why Ray Rice got off easy, and they want to hear it from Goodell.
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/28/nfl-v-p-adolpho-birch-struggles-to-justify-ray-rice-suspension/[/URL]

They do ? Wow! Then I can only Imagine how badly the Media pundits like Mike & Mike, and the ENTIRE NFL World and it's fans wanna know how Goodell could only hand out a ZERO GAME suspension to the Steelers James Harrison...when he crashed through the door of his Sons Mothers house, knocked her Cell phone out of her hand as she was attempting to call 911, and then KNOCKED her in the face ?...and Harrison was given how many games suspension by Goodell ?...Oh that's right...ZERO!!

But I guess since Harrison B!tch slapped his childs Mother cause she didn't want her son to be Baptized is A-OK with everyone. As opposed to what Ray Rice did.....Right. ? ( Insert Sarcasm here )