Thread: WOW - Woodley ripped by unnamed Steeler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Correct. Even before the big contract, Woodley was a slacker. His SOP was to enter the season out-of-shape. He would then play his way into shape, rounding into form in the second half of the season. But that way of doing business hasn't yielded the same kinds of results the past couple of years.
    We paid top dollar for a lazy fat dude. Awesome.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    We paid top dollar for a lazy fat dude. Awesome.
    Yeah, but prior to that, he was always able to play himself into shape. And when he came on with his game, he piled up some seemingly impressive stats (ie., check out his sacks in the playoffs in 2007-2010--11 sacks in just 6 or 7 games!).

I worried when they offered him the big contract, because, along with the training and conditioning issues, I always felt LaMarr had been somewhat overrated, and was a little too one-dimensional...Sacks, IMO, can often be a misleading stat--a good number of Woodley's came when he was totally unblocked, or were coverage sacks, IIRC...LaMarr would disappear for stretches, miss tackles, and be too easily pushed out of plays too often to really be considered a top-flight OLB. Of course, I got considerable objection from some of my Steelers-fans friends when I voiced those concerns...
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 02-19-2013 at 04:59 PM.