Thread: The defense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Defense didnt lose this game for us. Defense is the only thing preventing us from getting beat 45 to 10 weekly at this point.

Granted we dont create turnovers. Granted this isnt one of our best units. But they are keeping us in games we have no business being in based on how bad the offense is playing.

What defense is going to overcome that many turnovers? Name me one.
    No defense can overcome 5 turnovers. But do you know how they can give us a better chance? Force one themselves! godforbid, maybe two! Maybe if they could also come up with the turnover, we could occasionally change momentum (back) in our favor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    No defense can overcome 5 turnovers. But do you know how they can give us a better chance? Force one themselves! godforbid, maybe two! Maybe if they could also come up with the turnover, we could occasionally change momentum (back) in our favor.
    How about sacking a QB a couple times early in a game and making him uncomfortable.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    How about sacking a QB a couple times early in a game and making him uncomfortable.
    You have to be able to win a 1-on-1 battle to get a sack. I don't think the Steelers have that player on the roster until Jarvis Jones gets more reps, it appears he will be able to win some 1-on-1 battles, but not right now.

Woodley didn't get a sack on a rookie RT last night, he had a couple pressures, but that's it. On the other hand, the Steelers young offensive linemen looked over matched at times.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount