Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben is one of the problems.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And we see how these conversations degenerate into nonsense. Who knows if this is Crash, or another poster. Hard to tell with all the trolling going on. But, when I see quality posters engage with immaturity it becomes clear what the real problem is...and that is our ability to handle disagreement with a little class.
    Class? Guys come unglued when you criticize Ben. You're always someone else or troll. When our backs dont play like the other backs in the NFL is ok to point out our backs weaknesses. Same with the line, Coaches, wrs. But when our Qb doesnt play Llike the best qbs in the game its taboo to point it out.

Then the tired excuse about "We havent had a good qb since Bradshaw" My counter is- We havent had a back like Franco since the 70s. So why didnt Mendenhall and the Bus get "Ben like" treatment? Havent had a line like the one in the 70s so why doesnt the line get "Ben like" treatment? No corner like Woodson/ Blount so why doesnt Ike get "Ben like" treatment?

Then they use biased evaluation in regard to Manning smh. Manning once lost a playoff game throwing 3-400 yards and 3 tds but lost. Ben wins with a 30 rating or 24. Manning makes ONE mistake and he loses (sb). Ben had four tos on Sunday and were in the game. Thats the distinction

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBurns View Post
    I partly agree with this. I believe he feels, that his 8 years of hard work, winning, playing through pain, etc. means nothing to Art Rooney II. The minute Art blamed Ben and Bruce Arians for Tim Tebow's 316 yard day and Joe Flacco's 90 yard drive? Things changed with him.

Still wants to compete (See his Bengals game reactions), but I feel that Ben feels, that ANYTHING he does from here on out, won't be enough for Art II.
    I don't know if I'd go that far (even though I like a good conspiracy theory). But I do agree with Shawn that he hasn't been the same. His mechanics seem to be a little off. There are some throws he's making that are way off even in some situations where he has room and time to make a play. But it almost reminds me of the way Tommy Maddox came back after his neck injury against Tennessee and never played the same again. I hope he can fix this somehow. He has made a couple of spectacular plays to go along with the bad, so I think he's still got it in him.

Backup

User Info Menu

Off? are you guys blind? Ben has NEVER been an accuracy qb. I dont mean the short passes that hike up your passer rating. I mean a consistent solid Qb. If Im wrong then someone PLEASE post 4 consecutive ELITE games from Ben in 11 years. Go ahead and try. Go ahead.

Legend

User Info Menu

I partly agree with this. I believe he feels, that his 8 years of hard work, winning, playing through pain, etc. means nothing to Art Rooney II. The minute Art blamed Ben and Bruce Arians for Tim Tebow's 316 yard day and Joe Flacco's 90 yard drive? Things changed with him.

Still wants to compete (See his Bengals game reactions), but I feel that Ben feels, that ANYTHING he does from here on out, won't be enough for Art II.
    You may be correct. I think we are all observing much of the same thing. Ben isn't Ben. Ben has been great with little around him for most of his career. Now he isn't. What is wrong? Arians leaving, marriage, baby, getting beat up...week in...week out...and two SB rings IMO have effected his passion for the game. I agree that he shows some the old Ben passion in flashes but it's not where it used to be. I think he has just had it with the game. I don't think he wants to get abused by LBrs week in and week out...and it's effecting his play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elitestatusplease View Post
    Off? are you guys blind? Ben has NEVER been an accuracy qb. I dont mean the short passes that hike up your passer rating. I mean a consistent solid Qb. If Im wrong then someone PLEASE post 4 consecutive ELITE games from Ben in 11 years. Go ahead and try. Go ahead.
    Depends on what you call elite. If you are looking for Ben to take a game on his shoulders and throw for 450 yards with 5 TDs...then you are right. If you were looking for Ben to make a busted play work...or to make a big throw in a big situation...then he is as elite as he gets. I'll tell you this...in a big game situation...2 minutes...need a score to win...there are few in the history of the NFL I would have taken over "old Ben".

Backup

User Info Menu

That post came out wrong. My apologies. I dont mean that Ben sucks. Dont take that wrong as I know some will.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You may be correct. I think we are all observing much of the same thing. Ben isn't Ben. Ben has been great with little around him for most of his career. Now he isn't. What is wrong? Arians leaving, marriage, baby, getting beat up...week in...week out...and two SB rings IMO have effected his passion for the game. I agree that he shows some the old Ben passion in flashes but it's not where it used to be. I think he has just had it with the game. I don't think he wants to get abused by LBrs week in and week out...and it's effecting his play.
    Ahhhh...Poor Baby! RETIRE. Walk away from your $100 million dollar contract. Give someone else a chance. Whose fault is it that he never became a student of the game, learned to read defenses and get the ball out of his hands quicker so he didn't have to take unneccessary sacks. Whose fault is it that the offense stunk so bad while his buddy Arians was here, he needed to be fired.

Backup

User Info Menu

Depends on what you call elite. If you are looking for Ben to take a game on his shoulders and throw for 450 yards with 5 TDs...then you are right. If you were looking for Ben to make a busted play work...or to make a big throw in a big situation...then he is as elite as he gets. I'll tell you this...in a big game situation...2 minutes...need a score to win...there are few in the history of the NFL I would have taken over "old Ben".
    Make a busted play work? Yes, Ben has made a career of that. However, you cannot consistently beat an NFL defense by getting off a lucky play. Thats why he is highly inconsistent. If anyone thinks that a backyard ball can consistently beat a comprehensive NFL scheme then they are fooling themselves. Why do you think Roethlisberger,Vick and Tebow are so inconsistent? Convesely, why do you think Manning, Brees, Brady and Rodgers are so Consistent? For a reason.

When is the last time Ben was cluth for the Steelers???? Old Ben, you mean 2005 Ben? THAT WAS LOOOOONG AGO BRO

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben isn't allowed to throw all day. They get leads, they run the ball.

Yeah Ben and short passes...Somehow the guy who was in the top 5 all time in YPA before Haley showed up made a career of throwing short. LOL

There's nothing wrong with Ben that using his play-makers won't cure.
    Check Ben's stats and our record when he passes over 40 times. It isnt good dude. YPA is a misleading stat ESPECIALLY when Ben has had TONE, Wallace and AB with some great Yac (Ala Montana). You know you have MEDIOCRE stats when all your fans can list is YPA AND COMP PCT. SMH

Backup

User Info Menu

Class? Guys come unglued when you criticize Ben. You're always someone else or troll. When our backs dont play like the other backs in the NFL is ok to point out our backs weaknesses. Same with the line, Coaches, wrs. But when our Qb doesnt play Llike the best qbs in the game its taboo to point it out.

Then the tired excuse about "We havent had a good qb since Bradshaw" My counter is- We havent had a back like Franco since the 70s. So why didnt Mendenhall and the Bus get "Ben like" treatment? Havent had a line like the one in the 70s so why doesnt the line get "Ben like" treatment? No corner like Woodson/ Blount so why doesnt Ike get "Ben like" treatment?

Then they use biased evaluation in regard to Manning smh. Manning once lost a playoff game throwing 3-400 yards and 3 tds but lost. Ben wins with a 30 rating or 24. Manning makes ONE mistake and he loses (sb). Ben had four tos on Sunday and were in the game. Thats the distinction
    Just wanna know WHY Ben is the only Steeler to get this loyalty. Can someone explain? Somehow I dont think that Byron Leftwich would be getting the same loyalty with 20 tds and 17 ints in the playoffs. Pretty pathetic actually