Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Worilds- Does he stay or does he go?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    The Steelers cannot afford to overpay Worilds, but they might

In my opinion, the Steelers' biggest problem on Defense hasn't been their Cornerbacks, contrary to popular belief. If anyone remembers correctly, we won Super Bowl XLIII with arguably the same level of Cornerback play (Though with William Gay and Ike Taylor's roles reversed). The difference was that that year we had 51 total sacks. FIFTY ONE! This season we have an abysmal 24 total sacks. ..............................................

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014/12/12/7383521/the-steelers-cannot-afford-to-overpay-worilds-but-they-might[/URL]
    Been my opinion since before the season started. Without a pass rush, no CB today will be successful on a consistent basis. Not that our CBs don't have problems, but they are magnified 10X by a weak DL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The best thing that can happen to the team is:
    - Worilds ends the season on a rampage. 6 sacks down the stretch and make some plays in the post season. Therefore another team pays him and we don't move forward with another dead 5 yr 25 million player who has a very good chance of not living up to it.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

how was this sack that was negated a penalty?

Legend

User Info Menu

Good question

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Refs mistook him for James Harrison?

Legend

User Info Menu

It was a great hit by Worilds but he needs to work on his strip sack technique. The ball should be out on a hit like that

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He got robbed on that play. We all did. There should be a background investigation of that Ref, test for LSD, how much time he spends with bookies, etc. That was just wrong. How is that tackle by Worilds against the rules?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

there was a worse one called in the seatlle/San Fran game

Its just todays NFL

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Its just todays NFL
    Bingo! It wouldnt even shock me if there was a fine. Why not, the NFL can do whatever it wants.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The call against Worilds was criminal. It betrayed the essence of the game and there cannot be room for this kind of egregious ass-raping of the sport. At the very least, these plays need to be reviewed and I can only hope this particular one will serve as a battle cry for a step in that direction.