Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legursky Signs with Bills

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good luck to him. There may be some that disagree but I think Bronco moving on will be better for the team. I think this allows the Steelers to develop move quality & better depth inside. Like I said, with the limited active game day OL you would rather have a G who could play C then a C who could slide to G. Decastro can play C and Beachum is getting reps there. Beachum may turn out to be the best "utility" OL the Steelers had in a long time. He could be a game day blessing as an OL that can play all 5 positions. It opens the door for a Long or Embernasty to stick on the 53. They may even like Madsen or Golic in the Legursky role. I would like to see them bring in Caldwell & Richardson and then let it all play out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Legursky was a pretty good backup center but he was somewhat a liability playing guard and seemed to injured more than times than not. He was also a little undersized. So, I don't feel too bad about them seeing who else could fill his role and be a bigger body.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Good luck to him. There may be some that disagree but I think Bronco moving on will be better for the team. I think this allows the Steelers to develop move quality & better depth inside. Like I said, with the limited active game day OL you would rather have a G who could play C then a C who could slide to G. Decastro can play C and Beachum is getting reps there. Beachum may turn out to be the best "utility" OL the Steelers had in a long time. He could be a game day blessing as an OL that can play all 5 positions. It opens the door for a Long or Embernasty to stick on the 53. They may even like Madsen or Golic in the Legursky role. I would like to see them bring in Caldwell & Richardson and then let it all play out.
    I think Golic is the one who has the ability to play multiple positions. Hope he proves that he has what it takes because that would really help with depth.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It is what it is and Legs was a utility infielder to put it in baseball terms.. Personally I liked the guy, he came in when he had to and played to the best of his ability. What more can we ask?? Could he have been better... yes, but so could many more backups. He was solid stepping in for our downed starter. I wish him the best as he looks from the outside looking in on the best off. line in the NFL.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska