Thread: Despite never playing NT, Al Woods overtakes Ta’amu on depth chart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Does this say we're looking at doing something differently on D this year? McClendon and Woods are nothing like Casey. The only guy on the roster that even remotely looks like he would be similar to Casey is Fangupo.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Does this say we're looking at doing something differently on D this year? McClendon and Woods are nothing like Casey. The only guy on the roster that even remotely looks like he would be similar to Casey is Fangupo.
    I just hope some of these guys step up this year. In my opinion, we have a ton of solid d-line depth but I question the starters more than anything.

The NT position is up for grabs.... Fangupo, Ta'amu, Al Woods, McClendon.

Keisel has one DE spot locked down. Ziggy Hood, Heyward, Al Woods, McClendon are all possibilities at DE.

I really like the depth but a couple of these guys need to separate themselves and become legit starters. It's time to step up.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I just hope some of these guys step up this year. In my opinion, we have a ton of solid d-line depth but I question the starters more than anything.

The NT position is up for grabs.... Fangupo, Ta'amu, Al Woods, McClendon.

Keisel has one DE spot locked down. Ziggy Hood, Heyward, Al Woods, McClendon are all possibilities at DE.

I really like the depth but a couple of these guys need to separate themselves and become legit starters. It's time to step up.
    Wouldn't it be kinda funny if we ended up with Woods, Fangupo, and Wiliams as eventual starters given the high draft picks we've spent on the line? I'm excited to see how this pans out. I'm still not sure looking back that drafting 3-4 DEs with our #1 pick in back to back years was smart? Maybe it will work out - who knows? But it still seems to be a big did it make sense question.