Thread: Is it time to give Ike some love??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Who was it that was getting torched earlier this season? Who was grabbing and clutching like every other play because he was getting beat with regularity? Who was it that was covering Demaryius Thomas the last game of 2011?

Oh yeah, Ike is real good.

Why you guys accept mediocrity is beyond me. Cracks me up how emotionally attached some get to the point they just can't see the forest through the trees.
    Yup, some fans just can't view their team/players objectively. Just can't do it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yup, some fans just can't view their team/players objectively. Just can't do it.
    He has had some real bad games, but that might be 2 or 3 a season....probably as many as Ben has per season. Is Ben mediocre?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    He has had some real bad games, but that might be 2 or 3 a season....probably as many as Ben has per season. Is Ben mediocre?
    That is not a good comparison. Ben makes big plays. Ben makes splash plays. Ike does neither. Ben is responsible for putting up the majority of the points the Steelers score. Ike never puts up points on the board.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    That is not a good comparison. Ben makes big plays. Ben makes splash plays. Ike does neither. Ben is responsible for putting up the majority of the points the Steelers score. Ike never puts up points on the board.
    Ike is typically locked up on the oppositions top WR so he prevents points from going on the board. I have seen Ike make top scorers become total non-factors.