Thread: Has the NFL ruined football ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Not the NFL.... it's the litigious swarms that see a huge pot o gold. And the stupid media is only feeding the frenzy and will ultimately set their own demise by focusing on 'hard facts' about football life.

Here is the future of the NFL... and it looks like we are in for a sissified version of the sport we grew up with:

[URL]http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2012-10-23/parents-should-you-let-your-kids-to-play-football[/URL]

I would also ask the question, how does boxing or UFC get a pass from these lawyers?...
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 11-20-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh yeah, the TV commercials are killing the NFL for sure. Commercials before kick off........ Commercials after kick off......... Review is made there's a commercial. ....... Set the clocks, theres a commercial. Change of the quarters, timeouts, injuries, halftime, kickoff again and after kickoff. Have I missed any commercials ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Oh yeah, the TV commercials are killing the NFL for sure. Commercials before kick off........ Commercials after kick off......... Review is made there's a commercial. ....... Set the clocks, theres a commercial. Change of the quarters, timeouts, injuries, halftime, kickoff again and after kickoff. Have I missed any commercials ?
    That is why I love the NFL Ticket and NFL Redzone. I absolutely refuse to sit and watch commercials, as I had to when watching games at the bar. Today, I keep switching to other games until I find a live game. And if by some how every single game is on commercial I switch to a movie. I just refuse to watch their endless crap.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    That is why I love the NFL Ticket and NFL Redzone. I absolutely refuse to sit and watch commercials, as I had to when watching games at the bar. Today, I keep switching to other games until I find a live game. And if by some how every single game is on commercial I switch to a movie. I just refuse to watch their endless crap.
    That's why the redzone is so great!! It's hard to find time to go get another beer ... but somehow I manage.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    That's why the redzone is so great!! It's hard to find time to go get another beer ... but somehow I manage.
    your strength knows no bounds...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Same here..Redzone is the only way to watch football when the Steelers aren't playing. Even when all games are in commercial they don't do commercials, but show highlight clips from games.... and where I am its pretty cheap too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I would also ask the question, how does boxing or UFC get a pass from these lawyers?...
    Boxing vs UFC should be the model the NFL looks at. UFC is safer because they don't wear boxing gloves and a man's knuckles can't withstand pounding into someone's skull. So the UFC doesn't have head trauma like boxing.

Same for the NFL. The problem is the helmets. If guys didn't have them, they couldn't withstand the head to head collisions. But at the same time, you can't prevent the accidental collisions, so you need some protection. I think the answer is some new material that's strong but soft that acts as a shock absorber.