Thread: Heinz Field or Home Game Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I would love to experience a playoff game or a SuperBowl some day.
    There is nothing like being up in my bleacher seats in the 4th quarter of a tight playoff game after Renegade plays, with everyone on their feet, screaming, banging on seats, and feeling the actual stadium bouncing up and down beneath your feet.

I was a bit concerned that attending a Super Bowl would be somewhat of a letdown (more corporate bigwigs who sit on their hands as opposed to insane folks like myself whose voice changes completely from one quarter to the next because of all the damage that I am doing to my vocal cords when the Steelers are on defense). I was pleasantly surprised, though, with how Steeler fans were able to TAKE OVER in Detroit and Tampa with seemingly over 90% of the stands proudly waving Terrible Towels, and less than 10% in small pockets for the Seahawks or Cardinals (I didn't make it to Dallas for the Super Bowl against Green Bay).

I enjoy getting to see half the games live in person (the home games) and half the games from the comfort of my living room (the away games). Many people here at work think I'm nuts that I came in for work this Monday and last Tuesday when they know that I left Pittsburgh after midnight and drove 5+ hours until the sun came up, but that's the kind of thing that makes memories...you remember sitting out there in on a cold, windy, rainy night when the Steelers set up massive stadium-wide placards displaying "Thank You Military" on Veteran's Day, or sitting out there on a cold night (but not rainy or windy this time) while the team brought back guys like Bill Priatko, Joe Greene, L.C. Greenwood, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Dwayne Woodruff, Craig Wolfley, Tunch Ilkin, Louis Lipps, Dermontti Dawson, Rod Woodson, Josh Miller, Jerome Bettis, Willie Parker, Chris Hoke, James Farrior, and Hines Ward for the teams 80th birthday celebration at halftime.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I didn't make it to Dallas for the Super Bowl against Green Bay
    I think I was so bummed by that game I didn't realize you didn't get there. You may have jinxed us by not attending.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think I was so bummed by that game I didn't realize you didn't get there. You may have jinxed us by not attending.
    Well then organize a collection to pay my way next time! (kidding...kidding)...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hey guys, been to 9 playoff games at Heinz field ... 3 of those being AFC championship games.. Been to both super bowl wins ,Arizona super bowl was on my 30th birthday and about 8 months after my mother passed away so I had to go, and was simply the best time of my life.... There is nothing like watching a steelers home playoff game at Heinz field, the excitement and views from any seat in the stadium is great... Got back yesterday and that ravens game was close to it