Thread: Heinz Field or Home Game Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Ive been to 5 AFC Championship games and 2 regular playoff games and it's undescribable when you look at the sea of terrible towels and then RENEGADE plays.
    I almost friggin fainted at the Cleveland playoff game with Maddox when FU ran it in.
    I also cried when SD beat us

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Ive been to 5 AFC Championship games and 2 regular playoff games and it's undescribable when you look at the sea of terrible towels and then RENEGADE plays.
    I almost friggin fainted at the Cleveland playoff game with Maddox when FU ran it in.
    Just like Plaxico, you're one lucky son of a gun.

Wonder who's been to the most playoff games on the board? I've been to 0.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Just like Plaxico, you're one lucky son of a gun.

Wonder who's been to the most playoff games on the board? I've been to 0.
    I've been to every home playoff game since I've had season tickets (got 'em when Heinz opened in 2001), so I've seen them play Baltimore and New England in 2001, Cleveland in 2002, New York and New England in 2004, Jacksonville in 2007, San Diego and Baltimore in 2008, and Baltimore and New York in 2010. That's 10 playoff games at Heinz (7 wins, 3 losses).

I've been to two playoff games at Three Rivers before that, and unfortunately, they were both losses (to Buffalo in 1992 and to San Diego in 1994). However, that gets balanced out quite well by attending two Super Bowl victories (against Seattle in 2005 in Detroit and against Arizona in 2008 in Tampa).

That makes 14 playoff games total for me, with an overall record of 9-5 (and, yes, I am one lucky bastage).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Cool story. I also cried when I was there to see the Steelers beat the Colts in the 1995 AFC Championship game.