Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
Remember...a new party potentially just needs to get to 34% to be better than the other two.

I hope Rand Paul runs in 2016. He can carry on what his father has started, but bring a younger, more toned down personality to it, and one who can appeal more to the mainstream republicans in a way that can continue to win people over.
Maybe we'll get something sooner since we only need 34%.

I do think they need to tone it down somehow. But I worry watered down could lead us right back to where we are with the D & R parties.

For example, GJ was using the example of Portugal decriminalizing all drugs leading to drug abuse going down by 50%. But then he was trying to appeal to more D + R's by saying we should start by legalizing marijuana. That's better than what we have today, but it does take a little of the principle out of decriminalizing all drugs.

I understand sometimes you need to take baby steps before you walk. But given the current system, I also worry if we just take baby steps, the other parties will never let us walk or run and they'll try to control everything and ultimately end up ruining it and take us back to where we started. Not sure if that makes complete sense. It feels like someone needs to take an extreme position.

Someone said we needed Malcolm X in order to get people to hear MLKJr as reasonable.