Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
Or could it be that this really is a story, and although Ben doesn't prefer the "dink and dunk" it is working to keep him on his feet and it is working as a replacement for our mediocre run game. Basically yhe major mistakes on offense last night came from Wallaces drops and Batch drop, and Ben not taking what was given him. Heath wasn't open in the endzone, and Ben could have checked down and hit Dwyer, and on the sack/fumble, Ben was looking down field for a big play. I love the fact that Ben can extend any play, and he has a laser for an arm, but I think he hates being forced to check down and not throw is 30 yards down field every chance he gets. Haley is forcing him to go against what he wants to do, Arians let Ben be Ben. I think Hines addressed it last night. The OC has to be a Team guy not a QB guy.
I think all that plays into the story.

While I don't see a contentious relationship being real, I do think that Haley's got his work cut out for him trying to help Ben find the fine line in his game.

6 games don't make a season, but it looks so far like Haley wants Ben to be Tom Brady on 1st and 2nd down and then Ben on 3rd down. And be healthy going into the post season.