It will always be this way with Ben because of his style of play; he never gets credit for reading a defense because the majority of his big plays occur when things break down, he never gets credit for hitting receivers on time and accurately, because many times he's throwing on the run and he doesn't get any credit for pre-snap reads and play changes, because his most dynamic plays are outside the pocket. Quarterbacks like Brady, Manning (both), Ryan make almost all of their splash plays in the pocket which is how everyone perceives that the quarterback position should be played. If you deviate from that and are successful and Ben is really the only quarterback with success that plays with his style of play, Rodgers kind of does, but for the most part his plays are made in the pocket.

Bottom line is that Ben is different and never will be a prototypical quarterback; if that's what you're looking for you aren't seeing it until Ben retires and his successor takes over at the earliest. Ben is playing differently this year, only in the fact that he's taking what the defense gives him for the most part. He's still made a lot of plays outside the pocket. I love it, because it always makes for an exciting game, you don't know if you'll get the train wreck or the greatness, fortunately, for Steeler fans we usually get greatness from Ben. He didn't get the game winner over Oakland and I was disappointed that the Steelers lost, but I'll take Ben, the ball and being behind by a score or less over having the the lead and the defense on the field any day of the week.

I was glad to see Ben milk the entire 6:33 off the clock and give the Steelers a chance to win rahter than leave time for the Eagle offense to get back on the field, even though the defense had played well on Sunday.

Pappy