Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? For Steeler Fans that live by NFL teams not in the AFCN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

? For Steeler Fans that live by NFL teams not in the AFCN

Would you rather see the Steelers beat the team you live by or a division rival?

I live among Colt fans & I HATE THE COLTS. Once the Colts became a force in the NFL their fans became cocky and acted like life long supporters. The sight of Peyton Manning and the sound of his voice makes me ill. He talks like he has poop in his mouth.

The year the Steelers beat them in the playoffs I actually looked forward to going to work the next Monday.

Just curious to know what other members of the Nation think?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: ? For Steeler Fans that live by NFL teams not in the AFCN

Living in bronco land I love it when the Steelers beat them

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I live near enough Cowboy fans to make you puke, but because neither of us has been a threat to each other lately it's pretty good natured kidding. Maybe this is the year it turns serious!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd rather see the Steelers win in the AFCN first, as it gives them the biggest advantage for the playoffs.

After that, it's about beating the teams that have earned the most dislike over the years, specifically Dullas$, Oakland, and more recently the Cheatriots*.

Up where I live, its all NFCN, pretty boring football mostly.

Legend

User Info Menu

I try to be gracious about the Chargers to the fan base here, but REALLY love it when they lose. It puts their fledgling fans back in their place and cools them a bit. Kind of like putting a puppy in the corner for peeing on the carpeting.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

I would have to say it's a toss up. But I take alot more crap when the Chargers beat the Steelers, and I normally have some friendly and monetary bets on the line. I want to win every game, and they are all sweet, but I face more consequences when the Steelers lose to the Chargers and reap much more when they win.

On a side note I never root for the Chargers ever, and I like them to lose, but business is better and San Diego is a happier place to live when they win.

Legend

User Info Menu

Being as though I live in the Philly area now, I have to say I get more satisfaction when the Steelers defeat the Eagles. I'll give you a clue of how bad it can be. I had a guy talking trash about the preseason game that the Eagles loss. I told this guy it is only a preseason game and not that big a deal. Can you imagine what it would be like if they won the preseason game? Some Eagles fans do not get it.

It is strange but Philly has a lot of Cowboys fans. They really catch hell when the Eagles win.

Legend

User Info Menu

Of course I want our guys to win every game, but yes...there is a good deal of satisfaction for me when the Steelers shut the mouths of the cheese heads.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

its pretty awful living in new england. the way some of these people talk you would think the pats have always been good. nothing makes me happier watching the steelers beat the pats, but im just as happy with a win against an afc north team

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    I would have to say it's a toss up. But I take alot more crap when the Chargers beat the Steelers, and I normally have some friendly and monetary bets on the line. I want to win every game, and they are all sweet, but I face more consequences when the Steelers lose to the Chargers and reap much more when they win.

On a side note I never root for the Chargers ever, and I like them to lose, but business is better and San Diego is a happier place to live when they win.
    I am also from San Diego, and I can say without equivocation that I despise the Chargers (lucky swine). Regarding San Diego Charger fans in general, there is quite a bit of “band wagoning” when the Chargers win, and a supportive vacuum when they lose. I also can’t tolerate the influx of Raider fans that have tended to invade San Diego at times. This being said, I harbor the most rancor for these teams: 1. a tie between the Browns/Bengals; 2. the Baltimore Browns; 3. a tie between Chargers/Patriots; 4. honorable mention to the Houston Oilers; 5. Cow chips; 6. Dolphins; Eagles; Jets; ETC…