X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NorthCoast
    Legend
    • Sep 2008

College QBs Making More than NFL QBs

Besides his reported payout from the EA Sports ad, Manning is among the highest-valued NIL athletes. Manning ranks as the second-highest valued NIL athlete in college football, at $2.8 million per the On3 NIL Rankings. Manning is behind Colorado Buffaloes QB Shedeur Sanders ($4.6 million).
    Manning makes more than Rudolph, and Sanders makes more than Fields and Pickett this season. The football world is upside down.
  • Joel Buchsbaum
    Legend
    • Jan 2021

Originally posted by NorthCoast
    Manning makes more than Rudolph, and Sanders makes more than Fields and Pickett this season. The football world is upside down.
    I am fixated on the 2025 QB class. We need one.

It too early, but this NFL qb class seems to be a good one. Remember I was the guy who claimed as many as 5 or more QBs will be drated in round one of 2024.

Keep an eye on Weigman. He has great abitity, but has not started many games. Allar has a Drew Bledose like arm, but also has sub par receivers. I love Beck and Sanders, but both will require a high pick or trade up.

Not a huge fan of Ewers.

At any rate this web site rules for the draft.

Quarterback s prospect rankings for the 2025 NFL Draft. Breakdowns of the best Quarterback prospects and averages of other scouting reports.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 07-11-2024, 07:47 AM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Comment

• feltdizz
      Legend
      • May 2008

NIL is the real deal. I know some players will stay in college for the money because its better than rookie deals in the pros.

I always thought it was hilarious they called them “student athletes” who couldn’t get treated to a hamburger or lunch yet the NCAA was making BILLIONS off them with TV deals.

NCAA is the biggest pimps ever.

Get a scholarship to play for us while we make money off your jersey sales and you can’t even sell your property or gear that you own.
      Giants 10
      Steelers 31

Comment

• WindyCitySteel
        Legend
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by feltdizz
        NIL is the real deal. I know some players will stay in college for the money because its better than rookie deals in the pros.

I always thought it was hilarious they called them ?student athletes? who couldn?t get treated to a hamburger or lunch yet the NCAA was making BILLIONS off them with TV deals.

NCAA is the biggest pimps ever.

Get a scholarship to play for us while we make money off your jersey sales and you can?t even sell your property or gear that you own.
        Nothing's changed except for the best of the best, who get the bag. The 99% of scholarship student athletes who do not and will never go to the NFL still get a check to cover all college expenses for four years, which is kind of a big deal with the price of a college education nowadays.

The NFL is at fault here with their age requirements, and instead of creating a minor league or rookie roster, they push the problem to the NCAA.

Comment

• feltdizz
          Legend
          • May 2008

Originally posted by WindyCitySteel
          Nothing's changed except for the best of the best, who get the bag. The 99% of scholarship student athletes who do not and will never go to the NFL still get a check to cover all college expenses for four years, which is kind of a big deal with the price of a college education nowadays.

The NFL is at fault here with their age requirements, and instead of creating a minor league or rookie roster, they push the problem to the NCAA.
          NFL isn’t at fault imo. I think we would actually witness a death if we let 17 and 18 year olds try to play in the NFL.

The NCAA is at fault. Once they started accepting big money from TV stations it was no longer about student athletes.

one other thing, minor league pay in baseball is horrible. Damn near criminal so I’m not sure a minor league for the NFL would be as beneficial unless they really invested in a decent pay structure.
          Last edited by feltdizz; 07-10-2024, 11:09 AM.
          Giants 10
          Steelers 31

Comment

• NorthCoast
            Legend
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by WindyCitySteel

If only those college educations went to something more than 'Communications", or "Physical Education".

Some few do it right though; Dobbs, Villenueva, Luck, Brees come to mind.

Comment

• feltdizz
              Legend
              • May 2008

If only those college educations went to something more than 'Communications", or "Physical Education".

A decent amount actually take advantage of their education because they know their chances of making the league are minimal.

Small sample size but I know a good number of Aliquippa football players (about 20 to 25) who went to college, played football and graduated and live great lives. Actually went to a 50th birthday last weekend for a guy who played with Ty Law in HS. 6’3” 300 pounds and he sells medical equipment and makes great money.

99% of these college athletes aren’t making it to the league.

at the same time, if you are talented enough to be a draft pick, its damn hard to play football in college and have a legit major. The game and schedule is not designed for you to maximize your education.
              Last edited by feltdizz; 07-10-2024, 02:01 PM.
              Giants 10
              Steelers 31

Comment

• WindyCitySteel
                Legend
                • Nov 2011

Those are the top ones who make it to the NFL. The vast majority of scholarship athletes have no shot at the pros, getting a free college education and some bucks on the side is a good deal.

To feltdizz, not saying let them play that early, but they could sponsor a developmental league.

Comment

• Joel Buchsbaum
                  Legend
                  • Jan 2021

Originally posted by feltdizz
                  NFL isn?t at fault imo. I think we would actually witness a death if we let 17 and 18 year olds try to play in the NFL.

The NCAA is at fault. Once they started accepting big money from TV stations it was no longer about student athletes.

one other thing, minor league pay in baseball is horrible. Damn near criminal so I?m not sure a minor league for the NFL would be as beneficial unless they really invested in a decent pay structure.
                  As a guy who cocahed high school boys, I can say with 99.99% certainty that boys of 18 or younger can not play vs. Men in the NFL. They are phsycaily incapable. You are correct in saying what you said.
                  Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Comment

• WindyCitySteel
                    Legend
                    • Nov 2011

Nobody said to let 17 and 18 year old kids play in the NFL. That's what you call a...

Comment

Working...