Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cameron Sutton gets 8 game suspension

Legend

User Info Menu

Cameron Sutton gets 8 game suspension

I thought it would be 6. Was hoping for 4. But he got almost 1/2 the season. Violated the NFL?s personal conduct policy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sounds about right, especially considering he didn't turn himself in right away but disappeared for a few days.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pat P is somewhere REJOICING.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I thought it would be 6. Was hoping for 4. But he got almost 1/2 the season. Violated the NFL?s personal conduct policy.

Sutton played poorly last year, and we do not need extra baggage in the locker room. Spotlight on our rookie free agent Cornerback, Bishop. He plays the slot.

Do we have to allocate a roster spot for Sutton? Maybe not. If Bishop plays well ...
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Sutton played poorly last year, and we do not need extra baggage in the locker room. Spotlight on our rookie free agent Cornerback, Bishop. He plays the slot.

Do we have to allocate a roster spot for Sutton? Maybe not. If Bishop plays well ...
    For sure MT needs extra baggage in the locker room. After all there is no one in the entire football world who can create cancerous athletes at a faster rate than him.

I think he does it so he'll look more intelligent than the other coaches. MT, "Look how impressive my 500 record streak is when I have to deal with all these distractions in the locker room. I rise above because my standard is the standard. I am the God of Steeler Nation".
    Last edited by Prowler; 07-08-2024 at 06:40 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sutton will be allowed to practice with the team and in the pre-season from what I saw. He'll be able to come back to practice 2 weeks before he returns for his first eligible game.

Legend

User Info Menu

This news isn't surprising at all.

Perhaps someone else will step up as slot corner. Then we won't need Sutton and can cut him quietly.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    This news isn't surprising at all.

Perhaps someone else will step up as slot corner. Then we won't need Sutton and can cut him quietly.
    He was a reach to begin with: overrated when Detroit signed him, got toasted all last year as it was - I mean toasted - went MIA for days on end after being accused of physical abuse against a female (including strangulation) - all the markings of a Tomlin rescue. Maybe he was "buddies" with him and they shared backgrounds. Now Tomlin can enhance being a "player favorite." Ta da!

Legend

User Info Menu

back just in time for the division rivals which he is familiar with
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The speedy Averette and rookie Beanie Bishop who also has sub 4.4 speed will get long looks at camp. They were going to get serious opportunities anyway to showcase their skills. They'll need to get the bulk of the reps and lets hope one or both steps up and is capable. If both don't show well the idea of moving Jackson inside would not be out of the question.