Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 5 reasons Tomlin didn't deserve new contract

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    "Your standards"

What do you have to do with the Steelers success or failure? How much work do you put into their success?

Are you as successful at your career as Tomlin is at his? Please share
    The standard remains the standard. I am quoting Tomlin. Tomlin is not as successful in my field, nor I am his. I judge him in his field. Lets not talk Politics!
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Legend

User Info Menu

ESPN talked about it this morning. One guy said if Tomlin had 1 losing season on his resume people would look at him different.

No one else agreed.

The argument is basically since no one else has been able to have a 17 year career without a losing season he IS special.

I say Tomlin is a victim of his success. Always in playoff contention the last week of the season is hard to do. Yet, those .500 seasons or 9-7ish seasons keep us in limbo when it comes to drafting.

Reality is eventually you have to win a playoff game again or its time to move on. If he doesn’t win this year with Russ then when will it happen? Might be time to for Tomlin to move to the NFC.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    The standard remains the standard. I am quoting Tomlin. Tomlin is not as successful in my field, nor I am his. I judge him in his field. Lets not talk Politics!
    you said your standard as a fan.

lets not play politics and act like you didn’t just type that.

Its okay to have high standards as a fan. No need to run from it.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Excuses?
    Tell me the coach who you would lay money down on a bet that he beats the Bills in Buffalo in a blizzard, by having Mason outgun Allen in a shootout. I will wait.
    Cowher went into Buffalo in a blizzard and his backups beat the Bill starters last game of the season. That's when we had a REAL head coach. The year was 2004, Steelers won 29-24, IN Buffalo.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    Cowher went into Buffalo in a blizzard and his backups beat the Bill starters last game of the season. That's when we had a REAL head coach. The year was 2004, Steelers won 29-24, IN Buffalo.
    Lotta talking not to answer my question.
    Your answer has nothing to do with Josh Allen versus Mason Rudolph.

You did not suggest that Cowher who had Maddox passing for 120 yards that same week would get into a shootout with Allen as you suggested in order to change the games outcome.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Lotta talking not to answer my question.
    Your answer has nothing to do with Josh Allen versus Mason Rudolph.

You did not suggest that Cowher who had Maddox passing for 120 yards that same week would get into a shootout with Allen as you suggested in order to change the games outcome.
    A Cowher team had fight in them, Tomlin's teams often do not, period, end of discussion.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    meh.. these stats sound terrible until you realize they used 13 seasons because the 14th season was a SB APPEARANCE.

and Andy Dalton is 3-14 vs the Steelers so acting like we lucked up is hilarious.

Ryan Tannehill is 2-2 but I guess since he was 2-0 in Miami it means he was destined for a win.
    No it sounds terrible because it is terrible. Of course every bad stat stops where things get better. Just like every good stat stops when things end. You know that stat about DiMaggio getting a hit in 56 straight games could be a lot longer if he didn’t have a game where he didn't get a hit. Once you get back to the team that Cowher left Tomlin of course it gets better.

In 2044 you will be saying yeah Tomlin hasn’t won a playoff game in 28 years but you know he won a Super Bowl in 2008 with a team that had already won it in 2005!!!
    Last edited by LPMAN; 07-10-2024 at 02:25 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

A Cowher team had fight in them, Tomlin's teams often do not, period, end of discussion.
    Then how did we end up 6-10 in 2003 if we had fight?

How did we lose 6 of our last 7 games in 1998 to finish 7-9 with 2 of our losses to a Bengal team that only won 3 games total that year?

Cowher went 6-10 twice and 7-9 twice. He had his warts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    No it sounds terrible because it is terrible. Of course every bad stat stops where things get better. Just like every good stat stops when things end. You know that stat about DiMaggio getting a hit in 56 straight games could be a lot longer if he didn’t have a game where he didn't get a hit. Once you get back to the team that Cowher left Tomlin of course it gets better.
    We aren’t talking a hit or a TD. We are talking about a SB appearance.

I agree the last 7 years have been bad in the playoffs but its always funny how everyone starts right after a SB appearance to make their point.

and in 2016 when we beat Miami and Cincy’s backups we went to a Championship game.

For me, the ugly begins 7 years ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

I missed the part where you suggest that BC would win because he would have been less conservative and won the game on the arm of Mason Rudolph?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher