Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: 5 reasons Tomlin didn't deserve new contract

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I understand the initial frustration but that time has passed.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  2. #22
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Yea, his "plodding plan" didn't really work so well.

  3. #23
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yes we would have beat Buffalo easy by making victory dependent on Mason Rudolph outgunning Josh Allen in a snow storm.

    Allen throws laser darts that slice through wind, literally MADE to be least impacted by a blizzard. Our guy throws pretty RAINBOWS.

    Not only does Allen play in Buffalo HE PLAYED COLLEGE IN WYOMING.

    Allen would quote Bane during the game:

    ?You think the cold is your ally? I was raised in the cold, molded by it?
    Ahhh, more Tomlin excuses. Well there's some consistency there.

  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The Rooney Rule is not protecting Tomlin from being fired. That’s dumb.

    We simply don’t fire head coaches that outperform expectations most years.

    Is the playoff record trash lately? Indeed it is.

    However, we also know most people bashing Tomlin for losing playoff games didn’t even have the team in the playoffs to start the season.

    Some of you prop up coaches for missing the playoffs and protecting their playoff record.
    Tomlin teams are upest annually. See Arizona game. Or the New England game. NFL doormats. Losing to sub .500 teams has become a Tomlin hallmark.

    The Rooney rule and poltics which Rooney is part of, help give Tomlin great job security. Wake up.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

    Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

    *** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Even ESPN & NFL Network talking heads that usually defend Tomlin are now changing lanes.

    Someone on ESPN the other day said Tomlin needs to be fired if he doesn't make a long playoff run this year because....& HERE THIS STAT OUT!!!! .....In the last 13 NFL Seasons Tomlins only 3 playoff wins are against Matt Moore, Alex Smith & AJ McCarron. Let that sink in a bit...only 3 playoff wins last THIRTEEN seasons & those are the QBS he knocked out of the payoffs. The other 8 he lost.

    So he only beat 1 starter Alex Smith because Andy Dalton & Ryan Tennehill were injured & their backups had to play in the playoffs. OOOF!

    So basically if you can play Tomlin in the playoffs with your starting qb healthy you got a 90% + chance to win.
    Last edited by LPMAN; 07-09-2024 at 02:16 PM.

  6. #26
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Even ESPN & NFL Network talking heads that usually defend Tomlin are now changing lanes.

    Someone on ESPN the other day said Tomlin needs to be fired if he doesn't make a long playoff run this year because....& HERE THIS STAT OUT!!!! .....In the last 13 NFL Seasons Tomlins only 3 playoff wins are against Matt Moore, Alex Smith & AJ McCarron. Let that sink in a bit...only 3 playoff wins last THIRTEEN seasons & those are the QBS he knocked out of the payoffs. The other 8 he lost.

    So he only beat 1 starter Alex Smith because Andy Dalton & Ryan Tennehill were injured & their backups had to play in the playoffs. OOOF!

    So basically if you can play Tomlin in the playoffs with your starting qb healthy you got a 90% + chance to win.
    Until we have a Ben equivalent at QB, and all of that talent on D, you'd be safe in stating that. Even WITH all those advantages, a Tomlin team won so rarely in the playoffs. It's really sad to consider.

  7. #27
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Even ESPN & NFL Network talking heads that usually defend Tomlin are now changing lanes.

    Someone on ESPN the other day said Tomlin needs to be fired if he doesn't make a long playoff run this year because....& HERE THIS STAT OUT!!!! .....In the last 13 NFL Seasons Tomlins only 3 playoff wins are against Matt Moore, Alex Smith & AJ McCarron. Let that sink in a bit...only 3 playoff wins last THIRTEEN seasons & those are the QBS he knocked out of the payoffs. The other 8 he lost.

    So he only beat 1 starter Alex Smith because Andy Dalton & Ryan Tennehill were injured & their backups had to play in the playoffs. OOOF!

    So basically if you can play Tomlin in the playoffs with your starting qb healthy you got a 90% + chance to win.
    meh.. these stats sound terrible until you realize they used 13 seasons because the 14th season was a SB APPEARANCE.

    and Andy Dalton is 3-14 vs the Steelers so acting like we lucked up is hilarious.

    Ryan Tannehill is 2-2 but I guess since he was 2-0 in Miami it means he was destined for a win.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Even ESPN & NFL Network talking heads that usually defend Tomlin are now changing lanes.

    Someone on ESPN the other day said Tomlin needs to be fired if he doesn't make a long playoff run this year because....& HERE THIS STAT OUT!!!! .....In the last 13 NFL Seasons Tomlins only 3 playoff wins are against Matt Moore, Alex Smith & AJ McCarron. Let that sink in a bit...only 3 playoff wins last THIRTEEN seasons & those are the QBS he knocked out of the payoffs. The other 8 he lost.

    So he only beat 1 starter Alex Smith because Andy Dalton & Ryan Tennehill were injured & their backups had to play in the playoffs. OOOF!

    So basically if you can play Tomlin in the playoffs with your starting qb healthy you got a 90% + chance to win.
    +1. Well said.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

    Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

    *** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    meh.. these stats sound terrible until you realize they used 13 seasons because the 14th season was a SB APPEARANCE.

    and Andy Dalton is 3-14 vs the Steelers so acting like we lucked up is hilarious.

    Ryan Tannehill is 2-2 but I guess since he was 2-0 in Miami it means he was destined for a win.

    You have a point. But 13 seasons is still a god-awful stat. And only 4 seasons with a playoff win out of 17 total is also awful. I've long been pro-Tomlin but my patience has worn thin. I don't feel like he's evolved as a coach in the league. I think he continues to be a "we do what we do" kind of coach, continually hoping that the right roster comes along to make his philosophy work.

    I have to think that if he doesn't win a playoff game in the next 2 seasons, it'll be fairly unanimous around here that he should move on from Pittsburgh and not play out his extension.

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Losing to sub .500 teams has become a Tomlin hallmark.
    because you say it, doesn't make it so.

    Tomlin is the only active HC with a winning record as an underdog.

    Tomlin's record against sub .500 teams is on par with Cowher and Noll.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •