X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodson
    Banned
    • Jun 2024

5 reasons Tomlin didn't deserve new contract

The Steelers have a future Hall of Fame head coach, but these five condemning playoff stats prove that Mike Tomlin did not deserve a contract extension.

Well, there you have it. But Tomlin got a new deal regardless. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Yea, him!!!!!!!! Bottom half of coaches in the league.
  • Medisteel
    Rookie
    • Jan 2023

If I may pile on a bit, I believe they've also been outscored 66-0 in the first quarters of the past 5 losses. So much for having the team ready to play.

This year with all the build up over the delay and weather in Buffalo, it was pretty clear Tomlin came out expecting a plodding repeat of the Ice Bowl while Buffalo came out like Jamaican bobsledders at a track meet.

Comment

• Prowler
      Pro Bowler
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Woodson
      https://stillcurtain.com/posts/5-inc...cbo=v2-uHLcEXS

Well, there you have it. But Tomlin got a new deal regardless. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Yea, him!!!!!!!! Bottom half of coaches in the league.
      Bingo. I have a feeling that if Tomlin was in his office, and he told his supporters at planetsteelers to drop to their knees under his desk, they'd all drop to their knees!

Comment

• Captain Lemming
        Legend
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Medisteel
        If I may pile on a bit, I believe they've also been outscored 66-0 in the first quarters of the past 5 losses. So much for having the team ready to play.

This year with all the build up over the delay and weather in Buffalo, it was pretty clear Tomlin came out expecting a plodding repeat of the Ice Bowl while Buffalo came out like Jamaican bobsledders at a track meet.
        Yes we would have beat Buffalo easy by making victory dependent on Mason Rudolph outgunning Josh Allen in a snow storm.

Allen throws laser darts that slice through wind, literally MADE to be least impacted by a blizzard. Our guy throws pretty RAINBOWS.

Not only does Allen play in Buffalo HE PLAYED COLLEGE IN WYOMING.

Allen would quote Bane during the game:

?You think the cold is your ally? I was raised in the cold, molded by it?
        Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-08-2024, 06:31 PM.
        sigpic

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
        The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Comment

• Medisteel
          Rookie
          • Jan 2023

Originally posted by Captain Lemming
          Yes we would have beat Buffalo easy by making victory dependent on Mason Rudolph outgunning Josh Allen in a snow storm.

Not only does Allen play in Buffalo HE PLAYED COLLEGE IN WYOMING.

Allen would quote Bane during the game:

?You think the cold is your ally? I was raised in the cold, molded by it?
          It looked like though he thought Buffalo would play conservatively and follow suit in the cold. Instead they came out like a track meet and it was 21-0 before Tomlin knew what hit him. Playing more aggressive seemed to work better the previous 3 weeks. Tell me his plan wasn't to win 19-16?

Comment

• Captain Lemming
            Legend
            • Jun 2008

It looked like though he thought Buffalo would play conservatively and follow suit in the cold. Instead they came out like a track meet and it was 21-0 before Tomlin knew what hit him. Playing more aggressive seemed to work better the previous 3 weeks. Tell me his plan wasn't to win 19-16?
            Their ELITE QB Allen throws laser darts that slice through wind, literally MADE to be least impacted by a blizzard. Our guy who would RIDE THE PINE in Buffalo throws pretty RAINBOWS that look like punts.

Yeah, if we went in making is a battle of quarterbacks in a shootout we win easy.

It has nothing to do with expectating Buffalo to play conservative. OUR ONLY CHANCE was for our offense to play keep away with ball control drives that eat up clock and for our defense to create mistakes. Allen DOES have those games.

We could do neither.

But that does not mean it was a strategic mistake not to try to simply outgun a FAR SUPERIOR QB in an environment that favors him greatly.
            Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-08-2024, 06:59 PM.
            sigpic

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Comment

• Woodson
              Banned
              • Jun 2024

You know damn well that "Cool Shades" thought he was gonna win 19-16 or 16-13, something like that, and then brag about it "being beautiful football" afterwards. Instead we had to - immediately - hear afterwards how the turnovers were to blame for the loss. No, not the "patty cake" D, who couldn't make a tackle on a QB for a 30-yard run, or an offense that couldn't make a 1st down.

Comment

• feltdizz
                Legend
                • May 2008

You know damn well that "Cool Shades" thought he was gonna win 19-16 or 16-13, something like that, and then brag about it "being beautiful football" afterwards. Instead we had to - immediately - hear afterwards how the turnovers were to blame for the loss. No, not the "patty cake" D, who couldn't make a tackle on a QB for a 30-yard run, or an offense that couldn't make a 1st down.
                cool shades huh?

just couldn’t resist
                Giants 10
                Steelers 31

Comment

• Blitzer
                  Pro Bowler
                  • Nov 2022

Just win a playoff game. TJ deserves it. a lot of them deserve it.

Comment

• Medisteel
                    Rookie
                    • Jan 2023

Totally, I think he definitely envisioned one of those "we didn't blink" battles of attrition until Buffalo came out and blew the doors off to start the game.

Comment

• Captain Lemming
                      Legend
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by feltdizz
                      cool shades huh?

just couldn’t resist
                      Oooh someone SLIPPED UP.
                      sigpic

TCFCLTC-

Comment

• Captain Lemming
                        Legend
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Blitzer
                        Just win a playoff game. TJ deserves it. a lot of them deserve it.
                        We do need to win a playoff game. But TJ who has had one good HALF for his career in the playoffs needs to show up himself to DESERVE anything.
                        sigpic

TCFCLTC-

Comment

• Oviedo
                          Legend
                          • May 2008

Another alias exposed!
                          "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Comment

• Oviedo
                            Legend
                            • May 2008

Five reasons Tomlin DID deserve a new contract:

1. Rooney wanted it
                            2. Rooney wanted it
                            3. Rooney wanted it
                            4. Rooney wanted it
                            5. Rooney wanted it

Let me add:

6. Rooney could care less what anti Tomlin fans think or want
                            "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Comment

• NorthCoast
                              Legend
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Captain Lemming
                              We do need to win a playoff game. But TJ who has had one good HALF for his career in the playoffs needs to show up himself to DESERVE anything.
                              There is truth written here.... the defensive disappearing acts are as much to blame as the offensive ineptitude.

The reality, though, is the Steelers limped into the playoffs with a defense featuring old man Jack alongside the vaunted Robinson at LB, a backup, well-traveled CB in Rowe, a now FA Peterson who was what we thought he was most of last season. The offense? Well, the most important position in football with a mismatch for the day....

Comment

Working...