Thread: Trice: remember him?

Banned

User Info Menu

Trice: remember him?

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/07/st...boly-believes/

I'm not gonna get hyped on him until he puts a full season in without injury, but it sure would be nice if he could contribute.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Showing some cautious optimism is prudent.
    Trice was no surprise to many of us on draft day a year ago. We showed plenty of interest in him during pre-draft prep. Built like Rush and Porter and Watts though Watts has now been moved to safety he fits our mold for boundary corner.
    Add a Sutton and Jackson inside and our secondary has some depth and talent. Perhaps more talent than we have had in some time. We get some tight cat coverage this year a few of our pass rushers will have big seasons.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Trice was no surprise to many of us on draft day a year ago. We showed plenty of interest in him during pre-draft prep. Built like Rush and Porter and Watts though Watts has now been moved to safety he fits our mold for boundary corner.
    Add a Sutton and Jackson inside and our secondary has some depth and talent. Perhaps more talent than we have had in some time. We get some tight cat coverage this year a few of our pass rushers will have big seasons.
    Yea, I'm not "sold on" Jackson either, but hopefully, through thick or thin, we manage to find 3-4 decent CBs to put on the field. Maybe Watts, maybe Jackson, maybe Beanie, maybe Rush, maybe Sutton. Of course I'm assuming JPJ will be solid.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He has the look and the size. Watching him, he looks the part. but he has to stay healthy

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
    He has the look and the size. Watching him, he looks the part. but he has to stay healthy
    Yea, easier said than done, apparently.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    I'm with you on the cautious optimism, but this CB room is much more than just hoping one guy pans out. If we assume that JPJ is the real deal and going to take a step up this year, there are still plenty of options to show optimism that just one or two pan out:

Trice, as mentioned.
    Jackson, who was forced into the CB1 role with a team who had no pass rush, no back end help, and kept putting the D back on the field.
    Rush selected ahead of Trice, a physical clone of both JPJ and Trice.
    Averett is a nice depth piece with experience on a team with a traditionally strong D, including some starting experience
    Sutton in the slot second half of the year
    Beanie Bishop? Who knows?

I have faith that at least one will pan out to be a solid starter opposite Porter, and if a slot guy shines before Sutton returns, that much better. I'll be very surprised if there isn't an outside starter between Rush, Jackson, and Trice.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    Yea, I'm not "sold on" Jackson either, but hopefully, through thick or thin, we manage to find 3-4 decent CBs to put on the field. Maybe Watts, maybe Jackson, maybe Beanie, maybe Rush, maybe Sutton. Of course I'm assuming JPJ will be solid.
    I liked Jackson in Carolina. He is solid as long as he is healthy. That's his biggest factor. If he hadn't lost a tiny bit of speed Carolina probably doesn't even think of trading him.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Trice makes it through camp healthy, then this thread might be worth something
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    I liked Jackson in Carolina. He is solid as long as he is healthy. That's his biggest factor. If he hadn't lost a tiny bit of speed Carolina probably doesn't even think of trading him.
    That's a big IF. He had zero int the last year after starting off his career with 4. He's gone 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 0 in interceptions so far.