X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindyCitySteel
    Legend
    • Nov 2011

Trouble brewing in Baltimore?

Beat writer takes umbrage with Lamar saying his receivers must attend his private (read: voluntary) workout sessions when he skipped most of OTA's.

Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson wants his wide receivers to come to him during the break before training camp. It is essential to compete for a Super Bowl, he said, though coming from him, it rings a bit hollow. After all, as Jeff Zrebiec pointed out for The Athletic, he is the one who skipped […]
  • Iron City Inc.
    Hall of Famer
    • Jun 2013

Can't wait till training camp starts!

Comment

• Captain Lemming
      Legend
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by WindyCitySteel
      Beat writer takes umbrage with Lamar saying his receivers must attend his private (read: voluntary) workout sessions when he skipped most of OTA's.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/07/la...skipping-otas/
      Like it. Go ahead Ravens and bring that chaos.
      sigpic

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
      The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Comment

• Joel Buchsbaum
        Legend
        • Jan 2021

Originally posted by WindyCitySteel

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/07/la...skipping-otas/
        Lamar is quite a leader. Following this...
        Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Comment

• Mr.wizard
          Legend
          • May 2014

Lol, if that's the big trouble in Baltimore then they have to be feeling pretty darn good.

Comment

• Woodson
            Banned
            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Mr.wizard
            Lol, if that's the big trouble in Baltimore then they have to be feeling pretty darn good.
            That exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

• Captain Lemming
              Legend
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mr.wizard
              lol, if that's the big trouble in baltimore then they have to be feeling pretty darn good.
              Party Pooper.
              sigpic

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
              The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Comment

• Prowler
                Pro Bowler
                • Apr 2010

It certainly wasn't Lamar's brain that made him rich. The dude is plain stupid. Nobody wants to follow a phony leader who doesn't deliver by example. If he truly cared about the team Jackson would have showed up to OTAs and not demanded that his receivers turn out for "Lamar time".

This situation reminds me of Minkah's poor play last season, and then have the nerve to criticize teammates and the coaching staff. It goes to show it's not only the Steelers who are infested with cancers.

Comment

• Mr.wizard
                  Legend
                  • May 2014

I wish we had a full team of Lamar Jackson's and Minkah Fitzpatrick's, the idea that those two guys are cancers to their teams is absolutely absurd.

Comment

• Prowler
                    Pro Bowler
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mr.wizard
                    I wish we had a full team of Lamar Jackson's and Minkah Fitzpatrick's, the idea that those two guys are cancers to their teams is absolutely absurd.
                    I can imagine the idea would be absurd to a blind simpleton. But that's just my opinion. Although there are people out there who see a problem with players getting in fist fights, arguing with them regularly and attacking the coaching staff in public. Not you of course, apparently da hood knows better than little old grumpy me.
                    Last edited by Prowler; 07-06-2024, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Woodson
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Prowler
                      It certainly wasn't Lamar's brain that made him rich. The dude is plain stupid. Nobody wants to follow a phony leader who doesn't deliver by example. If he truly cared about the team Jackson would have showed up to OTAs and not demanded that his receivers turn out for "Lamar time".

This situation reminds me of Minkah's poor play last season, and then have the nerve to criticize teammates and the coaching staff. It goes to show it's not only the Steelers who are infested with cancers.
                      Part of Minkas' gripe is a team that had to put him in the position he was in (having to play run support instead of the field cherry picking). It was the team's mismanagement that put him there. His skills are wasted playing run support instead of roaming the field. The lack of a space eating NT put him there. Tomlin refuses to address the position like the moron he is.

Comment

• Prowler
                        Pro Bowler
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Woodson
                        Part of Minkas' gripe is a team that had to put him in the position he was in (having to play run support instead of the field cherry picking). It was the team's mismanagement that put him there. His skills are wasted playing run support instead of roaming the field. The lack of a space eating NT put him there. Tomlin refuses to address the position like the moron he is.
                        You are 100% correct. It all comes back to Tomlin and his god given natural abilities to turn players into cancers just by being the idiot that he is.

Comment

• Joel Buchsbaum
                          Legend
                          • Jan 2021

Originally posted by Woodson
                          Minka is a fine safey. But he has not been picking much off lately or " cherry picking " Instead he is covering guys deep and the QB and OC do not test him. We had so some really bad DB's back there last year. I do not have that data when he missed seven games last year of our yards per game given up, but he was missed!

Benton has to look of a good defensive tackle. Expect him to be even better in his second season.
                          Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Comment

• Joel Buchsbaum
                            Legend
                            • Jan 2021

Originally posted by Prowler
                            You are 100% correct. It all comes back to Tomlin and his god given natural abilities to turn players into cancers just by being the idiot that he is.
                            There is something about the man who has a " substitute teacher " quailty, which gas lights divas to act. He is not respected by the players who don't 100% buy into the team goals. He is too much to a player's type if coach and that includes the divas who walk all over him.

Comment

• Woodson
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Joel Buchsbaum
                              Minka is a fine safey. But he has not been picking much off lately or " cherry picking " Instead he is covering guys deep and the QB and OC do not test him. We had so some really bad DB's back there last year. I do not have that data when he missed seven games last year of our yards per game given up, but he was missed!

Benton has to look of a good defensive tackle. Expect him to be even better in his second season.
                              Benton may be a good DT but not a NT in the truest sense, like in a 3-4 NT. Tomlin has resisted drafting those types since he's been here. He has not truly bought into the 3-4 D and it shows. Our D used to be top 5 with Dick L running things, with Tomlin? 21st.

Comment

Working...