Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are our starting tackles week 1?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Dan Moore started in week 1 as a rookie 4th round pick, but two first round picks have to sit and learn? Make it make sense.
    Moore started his rookie year due to injury. He didn’t beat anyone out.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Moore started his rookie year due to injury. He didn’t beat anyone out.
    A rookie 4th-round pick ended up as the starter. Nice player mng. skills.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I don't think we should worry much about the players on the OL. I think the concern needs to be directed to the OL coach.
    Meyers hasn't exactly set the world on fire so far.
    • he forced players to use an uncomfortable one handed blocking technique
    • he badly mishandled Dotson's assigned position putting him in an unfamiliar LG position
    • he tried to get guys into zone blocking but they looked so bad that they eventually went back to power gap
    • Green never progressed beyond an ugly looking rookie
    • there were literally OL running into each other on running plays
    • the missed blocking assignments made highlight clips on more than one occasion.

I think this is Yr3 for Meyer.
    If this OL continues to struggle the HC is gonna have to make a change.....again.

Meyers has 3 rookies to work with. On one had I do not want him extended. On the other hand good coaching for the rookies is needed.

Tomlin has Mike Munchak, a coach with the gold jacket who the players liked as the OL coach a few year back and chased him out of town.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Meyers has 3 rookies to work with. On one had I do not want him extended. On the other hand good coaching for the rookies is needed.

Tomlin has Mike Munchak, a coach with the gold jacket who the players liked as the OL coach a few year back and chased him out of town.
    Yea they sure did, and had the evidence covered up so no one was accountable, the Steelers' way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post

Wondering why Munchak was chased out of Denver after 3 seasons if he was so great?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    A rookie 4th-round pick ended up as the starter. Nice player mng. skills.
    Injuries are part of the game. Pretty sure 2 options didnt work out before we inserted Moore at LT.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Wondering why Munchak was chased out of Denver after 3 seasons if he was so great?
    and why hasn’t anyone picked him up since Denver?

I think sometimes we create these narratives about coaches being saviors.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Injuries are part of the game. Pretty sure 2 options didnt work out before we inserted Moore at LT.
    You can sugar coat it however you wish, but bottom line we started a 4th-round rookie at LT week one. And then for his SECOND year, he was the starter for week ONE once again, and he was equally terrible. And for the 3rd year in a row, you guessed it, he was the starter week one again. And yes, he was ranked at the bottom of his position AGAIN. 3 straight years, 3 years of ranking at the bottom of the LT list. Genius roster mng. But hey, Tomlin had wings with him so it's OK.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    You can sugar coat it however you wish, but bottom line we started a 4th-round rookie at LT week one. And then for his SECOND year, he was the starter for week ONE once again, and he was equally terrible. And for the 3rd year in a row, you guessed it, he was the starter week one again. And yes, he was ranked at the bottom of his position AGAIN. 3 straight years, 3 years of ranking at the bottom of the LT list. Genius roster mng. But hey, Tomlin had wings with him so it's OK.
    Says who?

I get it.. that PFF site. Gotcha
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

I am sure Tomlin made it happen

the anti Tomlin morons conveniently forget Munchak wanted to go to Denver because that is where his daughter and grandchildren lived

but keep making up the same tired nonsense

Tomlin is still Head Coach and will be for AT LEAST three more years
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"