X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindyCitySteel
    Legend
    • Nov 2011

Who are our starting tackles week 1?

And where? Hopefully Jones on the left, Fautanu on the right, but if Troy isn't ready the worst thing they could do is flip Jones back to the right to accommodate Moore's limitations as a swing tackle.

Troy Fautanu comes into the NFL with more experience than Broderick Jones, but does that mean he will play sooner? The 14th-overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, Jones didn’t crack the starting lineup until Week 9. He lost the starting left tackle job to incumbent Dan Moore Jr. And Moore could also potentially stand […]

BTW, I hope that was a tongue-in-cheek prediction by Batko, pretty precise guess
  • Woodson
    Banned
    • Jun 2024

Originally posted by WindyCitySteel
    And where? Hopefully Jones on the left, Fautanu on the right, but if Troy isn't ready the worst thing they could do is flip Jones back to the right to accommodate Moore's limitations as a swing tackle.

Troy Fautanu comes into the NFL with more experience than Broderick Jones, but does that mean he will play sooner? The 14th-overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, Jones didn’t crack the starting lineup until Week 9. He lost the starting left tackle job to incumbent Dan Moore Jr. And Moore could also potentially stand […]

BTW, I hope that was a tongue-in-cheek prediction by Batko, pretty precise guess
    Might as well do as the Steelers always do and put Moore in there somehow, some way, until he is listed at rock bottom of his position (LT or RT) until they are finally forced to switch things up come Nov. The Tomlin way: illogical, undecipherable, unknown. Maybe they enjoy eating wings together.

Comment

• Joel Buchsbaum
      Legend
      • Jan 2021

Jones and Moore Jr will start week one. I think Troy F is in for a bit leanring curve
      Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Comment

• Oviedo
        Legend
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Joel Buchsbaum
        Jones and Moore Jr will start week one. I think Troy F is in for a bit leanring curve
        On DK Sports they talked about this and not just putting Troy F out there because of draft status. DK said from what he has heard, anticipates that Jones and Moore will be the starters...I agree.
        "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Comment

• Woodson
          Banned
          • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Oviedo
          On DK Sports they talked about this and not just putting Troy F out there because of draft status. DK said from what he has heard, anticipates that Jones and Moore will be the starters...I agree.
          Troy F. just hasn't learned how to kiss Tomlin @ss yet, but Moore has so he plays, regardless of how terrible just like our punter. It takes 3 years of subpar play.

Comment

• Iron City Inc.
            Hall of Famer
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Woodson
            Troy F. just hasn't learned how to kiss Tomlin @ss yet, but Moore has so he plays, regardless of how terrible just like our punter. It takes 3 years of subpar play.
            Interesting take. How you know about who kissed Tomlin's ars IDK and I don't want to know. Tomlin playing Moore last few years wasn't a Tomlin mistake Moore was the best LT on the roster. Tomlin's mistake was that Moore was the best LT on the roster. Tomlin , Colbert and the draft think tank needed to invest the draft capital in the OL earlier and didn't. That is on them and mostly on Tomlin.
            I agree with you Woodson on Tomlin being to loyal. I've mentioned it in a bunch of posts over the years. I do feel it's Khan now who has the quicker hook and it's produce or be replaced. We're starting to see this. KP8 gone, Harris and Heyward not being extended. This imo is how you have to do it if you want to raise another Lombardi.

Comment

• WindyCitySteel
              Legend
              • Nov 2011

Dan Moore started in week 1 as a rookie 4th round pick, but two first round picks have to sit and learn? Make it make sense.

Comment

• Captain Lemming
                Legend
                • Jun 2008

Dan Moore started in week 1 as a rookie 4th round pick, but two first round picks have to sit and learn? Make it make sense.
                OK I will. Let?s do it Jeopardy style shall we.
                The answer is:
                Chaz Green, Joe Haeg.

Now can I get a volunteer to play along and provide the question that those two names answer.

Once it is shown what those two names represent you shall have your answer to why IT WAS PERFECTLY LOGICAL for Moore to be a day one starter.
                Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-06-2024, 11:44 PM.
                sigpic

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
                The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Comment

• Joel Buchsbaum
                  Legend
                  • Jan 2021

Originally posted by Iron City Inc.
                  Interesting take. How you know about who kissed Tomlin's ars IDK and I don't want to know. Tomlin playing Moore last few years wasn't a Tomlin mistake Moore was the best LT on the roster. Tomlin's mistake was that Moore was the best LT on the roster. Tomlin , Colbert and the draft think tank needed to invest the draft capital in the OL earlier and didn't. That is on them and mostly on Tomlin.
                  I agree with you Woodson on Tomlin being to loyal. I've mentioned it in a bunch of posts over the years. I do feel it's Khan now who has the quicker hook and it's produce or be replaced. We're starting to see this. KP8 gone, Harris and Heyward not being extended. This imo is how you have to do it if you want to raise another Lombardi.
                  Khan is reshaping our roster, and drafting well. Tomlin is more stubborn and slower to change.

Tomlin has more loyalty to under performing vets. I do not know why this is so.
                  Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Comment

• NorthCoast
                    Legend
                    • Sep 2008

I don't think we should worry much about the players on the OL. I think the concern needs to be directed to the OL coach.
                    Meyers hasn't exactly set the world on fire so far.
                    • he forced players to use an uncomfortable one handed blocking technique
                    • he badly mishandled Dotson's assigned position putting him in an unfamiliar LG position
                    • he tried to get guys into zone blocking but they looked so bad that they eventually went back to power gap
                    • Green never progressed beyond an ugly looking rookie
                    • there were literally OL running into each other on running plays
                    • the missed blocking assignments made highlight clips on more than one occasion.

I think this is Yr3 for Meyer.
                    If this OL continues to struggle the HC is gonna have to make a change.....again.

Comment

• feltdizz
                      Legend
                      • May 2008

Moore started his rookie year due to injury. He didn’t beat anyone out.
                      Giants 10
                      Steelers 31

Comment

• Woodson
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by feltdizz
                        Moore started his rookie year due to injury. He didn’t beat anyone out.
                        A rookie 4th-round pick ended up as the starter. Nice player mng. skills.

Comment

• Joel Buchsbaum
                          Legend
                          • Jan 2021

Originally posted by NorthCoast
                          I don't think we should worry much about the players on the OL. I think the concern needs to be directed to the OL coach.
                          Meyers hasn't exactly set the world on fire so far.
                          • he forced players to use an uncomfortable one handed blocking technique
                          • he badly mishandled Dotson's assigned position putting him in an unfamiliar LG position
                          • he tried to get guys into zone blocking but they looked so bad that they eventually went back to power gap
                          • Green never progressed beyond an ugly looking rookie
                          • there were literally OL running into each other on running plays
                          • the missed blocking assignments made highlight clips on more than one occasion.

I think this is Yr3 for Meyer.
                          If this OL continues to struggle the HC is gonna have to make a change.....again.

Meyers has 3 rookies to work with. On one had I do not want him extended. On the other hand good coaching for the rookies is needed.

Tomlin has Mike Munchak, a coach with the gold jacket who the players liked as the OL coach a few year back and chased him out of town.

Comment

• Woodson
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2024

Meyers has 3 rookies to work with. On one had I do not want him extended. On the other hand good coaching for the rookies is needed.

Tomlin has Mike Munchak, a coach with the gold jacket who the players liked as the OL coach a few year back and chased him out of town.
                            Yea they sure did, and had the evidence covered up so no one was accountable, the Steelers' way.

Comment

• NorthCoast
                              Legend
                              • Sep 2008

Wondering why Munchak was chased out of Denver after 3 seasons if he was so great?

Comment

Working...