Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Next Polamalu?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A troy type player does not come around to often. Will this guy be there with the 32nd pick?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
    A troy type player does not come around to often. Will this guy be there with the 32nd pick?
    I LIKE THAT QUESTION.

32nd?
    Not likely…
    Not likely THAT STARK FALLS TO US AT 32nd.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Come on. Troy was a once in a decade type of talent. No college player should be compared to him.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Come on. Troy was a once in a decade type of talent. No college player should be compared to him.
    agreed. but a guy like Troy comes around way less often than 10 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

He was a once in a decade talent.

Troy was drafted in 2003.
    That means WE ARE OVERDUE.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    He was a once in a decade talent.

Troy was drafted in 2003.
    That means WE ARE OVERDUE.
    Okay, maybe once a generation safey. Troy P, Ed Reed,
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Legend

User Info Menu

There will never be another Troy P.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay, maybe once a generation safey. Troy P, Ed Reed,
    Really? You just named TWO CONTEMPORARIES.

Do you know what *ONCE* in a generation means?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-10-2024 at 01:33 AM.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Really? You just named TWO CONTEMPORARIES.

Do you know what *ONCE* in a generation means?
    I know that. Both player were extra special safites. Go back two generations is you must! Either way he was more than a once in a decade player which you claimed.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 07-10-2024 at 07:33 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know that. Both player were extra special safites. Go back two generations is you must! Either way he was more than a once in a decade player which you claimed.
    Really? You really have that short of an attention span?

When I said it I was only AGREEING with what THIS GUY said:
    I dont care about once a decade or generation. It is not MY point at all.

I was using YOUR WORDS to make a point.

If you think this kid MIGHT be a Polamalu or Reed caliber player YOU TAKE HIM over an average Dlineman.

But unless YOU HAVE scouted him AND are familiar with the Dline options, to suggest it a mistake to draft a safety is ridiculous.

And it is wholly premature to criticize someone WHO SCOUTED HIM as wrong because we need linemen literally does not know what he is talking about.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-10-2024 at 01:44 PM.

TCFCLTC-