Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: The Next Polamalu?

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    The Next Polamalu?

    PFN's way too early 2025 draft pick for the Steelers:

    14) Pittsburgh Steelers: Malaki Starks, S, Georgia
    There are no guarantees when it comes to the NFL Draft, but Malaki Starks is as close to a first-round lock as you can find from a safety prospect. He isn?t just another playmaker on Georgia?s star-studded defense; he?s the leader of the unit.

    Starks checks all the boxes (tackling, run defense, coverage) and is versatile enough to line up wherever an NFL team needs him, much like the Steelers? Minkah Fitzpatrick.

    I am not sure safety should be No. 1 on the list. And at #14 they are likely out of the running for the top tier QBs next year. I think a higher priority must be DL. Heyward will show his age yet again this season and Larry O will have his annual injury that limits his play. Benton is not superman. He will need help.

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/j...ck-draft-june/

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Defensive Line has to be our Round 1 choice next year.

    IMO we need two in the first four rounds like we did with Off Line this year.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Defensive Line has to be our Round 1 choice next year.

    IMO we need two in the first four rounds like we did with Off Line this year.
    Have not looked at players yet. But I disagree with your premise. If you believe a player is GREAT especially in a second position of need you don’t lock on to a single position instead.

    I made that mistake ONCE before when we drafted a Safety. We had other pressing needs. That player WAS Troy.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Way-to-early to tell, but if we are drafting that high or higher you have to research QBs. Drafting in that area means Wilson and/ or Fields bombed. Both of which would be UFAs at that time.

    Look to the kid from Texas, Ewers.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

    Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

    We want to roll people!

  5. #5
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Have not looked at players yet. But I disagree with your premise. If you believe a player is GREAT especially in a second position of need you don’t lock on to a single position instead.

    I made that mistake ONCE before when we drafted a Safety. We had other pressing needs. That player WAS Troy.
    I agree with your premise (that you don't turn away from a GREAT player even if he isn't your TOP need) but I doubt this guy is going to be the next Troy who was sooooo very special. I don't know much about Starks, but I just doubt he is gonna be as great as Troy. If he is, then draft him. If not, go DL. We need the help greatly at DL.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    I agree with your premise (that you don't turn away from a GREAT player even if he isn't your TOP need) but I doubt this guy is going to be the next Troy who was sooooo very special. I don't know much about Starks, but I just doubt he is gonna be as great as Troy. If he is, then draft him. If not, go DL. We need the help greatly at DL.
    Well, sure. If you know a player will be a future HOF'r you draft him. Did they really know how good he would be? They traded up to get him, so they must have liked what they saw.
    Then again, they traded up for Bush too.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Nah. They are in line to draft another OT next year. Why not have a whole OL of tackles? Sarcasm.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodson View Post
    I agree with your premise (that you don't turn away from a GREAT player even if he isn't your TOP need) but I doubt this guy is going to be the next Troy who was sooooo very special. I don't know much about Starks, but I just doubt he is gonna be as great as Troy. If he is, then draft him. If not, go DL. We need the help greatly at DL.
    You don’t know about Starks, you don’t know about the Dlinemen, you are going purely based on NEED.

    Heck I don’t know about those players either. But I would suggest the premise that you MUST go Dline regardless of who is on the board is flawed. That is how you draft busts and miss out on HOFers.

    If it is an equal talent absolutely go dline. But if a safety looks like he might be GREAT and the Dlineman looks the part of an average starter who could possibly fill a hole, I go for greatness.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-02-2024 at 12:32 AM.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Nah. They are in line to draft another OT next year. Why not have a whole OL of tackles? Sarcasm.
    RIGHT tackles, to be more specific. They can play ANYWHERE.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Nah. They are in line to draft another OT next year. Why not have a whole OL of tackles? Sarcasm.
    Dan Moore Sr. is salty this a.m.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •