Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who Hired All Our New Coaches?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Was that an Alley-oop?
    More of a “Hail Mary” but it got the result I was looking for. Played him like a Stradivarius.

”Cowher Power” is back in the ‘Burgh!
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 06-15-2024 at 07:34 PM.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I think there's a good chance of it, they're going to do what they did in Tennessee. Young OL will take time to gel most likely, but this is an easy system for QBs to run and Wilson is probably at Ben 2020 level right now. Not in his prime, but still good.
    Arthur Smith likes to throw short & run the ball. How is this much different from our last 4 seasons of offense?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Arthur Smith likes to throw short & run the ball. How is this much different from our last 4 seasons of offense?
    He throws long off of play-action, in fact uses a lot of play-action, something little used in Pittsburgh lately. More zone stretch running, too. It's a system that gives QB easy reads and win, something we haven't seen much of under Canada.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    He throws long off of play-action, in fact uses a lot of play-action, something little used in Pittsburgh lately. More zone stretch running, too. It's a system that gives QB easy reads and win, something we haven't seen much of under Canada.
    2023 Deep Ball Pass Att Rankings:

#20 - Falcons
    #28 - Steelers

What is open for debate is why did the deep ball passing change with the QBs?

Deep Ball Pass %

KP - 8.3%
    MT - 14.9%
    MR - 12.2%

(* in this case, deep ball = 20 yards or greater)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

#20 - Falcons
    #28 - Steelers

Deep Ball Pass %

KP - 8.3%
    MT - 14.9%
    MR - 12.2%

wonder what the completion percentage?s were on those attempts. I know Mitch was just closing his eyes and chucking most of the time.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

#20 - Falcons
    #28 - Steelers

Deep Ball Pass %

KP - 8.3%
    MT - 14.9%
    MR - 12.2%

What were they in Tennessee when he was an actual OC? Also, what kind of deep balls? 90% of the Steelers are jump balls down the sideline with no action to get them open. Combat catches, if you will.

Legend

User Info Menu

#20 - Falcons
    #28 - Steelers

Deep Ball Pass %

KP - 8.3%
    MT - 14.9%
    MR - 12.2%

I think this shows that for one reason or another, the coaches lost all confidence in Pickett throwing deep, or that Kenny himself lost confidence in it. They let Mitch go deep, despite disastrous results. They let Mason go deep (still same playbook) with better results. Kenny was either held back or reluctant to open it up.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by windycitysteel View Post
    blame the bad old coaches on the gm, credit the new good ones to the hc, and the board is silent. If the converse of that is posted, ten pages of angry replies follow.
    lmmfaorotmff. :d

Legend

User Info Menu

#20 - Falcons
    #28 - Steelers
    Sounds like a TOTAL ranking not percentage? Since Atlanta was low on attempts period, that would not surprise.
    How do they rank on PERCENTAGE of deep throws?

(I might have assumed wrong, if so let me know)

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I think this shows that for one reason or another, the coaches lost all confidence in Pickett throwing deep, or that Kenny himself lost confidence in it. They let Mitch go deep, despite disastrous results. They let Mason go deep (still same playbook) with better results. Kenny was either held back or reluctant to open it up.
    They didn’t let Mitch go deep, he was just throwing it up for grabs and it was usually 10 yards from a player or intercepted.

We lost a lot of games with Mitch and players revolted. Nothing positive came from those Mitch attempts.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"