Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Return of VWill & Shazier

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Return of VWill & Shazier

    Mark Kaboly:
    Patrick Queen likes to talk trash and speak his mind no matter who might be offended. And he?s pretty smart, too. Elandon Roberts might be the most underrated player on the roster. He will blow up opposing running backs, linemen, whomever, and love doing it. I expect Queen and Roberts to be a huge upgrade from what they?ve had at the position in the past. They come across to me as a Vince Williams/Ryan Shazier remake, and that duo worked quite well together.
    Who's not excited by the fact that the Steelers might finally have solved their problems at ILB after more than a half decade of searching?

    Then again, there have been recent writeups that claim the ILB position is fading away in favor of hybrid safeties/CBs in the modern NFL.

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Pretty amazing where this group is from where it was last season.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

    Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

    We want to roll people!

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Pretty amazing where this group is from where it was last season.
    Yep. It's not like the Steelers haven't tried though. Remember, they completely rebuilt the LB room after the 2022 season. And it looked like it was starting to work until the injuries hit

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Mark Kaboly:


    Who's not excited by the fact that the Steelers might finally have solved their problems at ILB after more than a half decade of searching?

    Then again, there have been recent writeups that claim the ILB position is fading away in favor of hybrid safeties/CBs in the modern NFL.
    Everyone loves the hybrid safety/LB because they are a little bigger but have the speed of a safety, and love to tackle like a linebacker.

    The Steelers have two guys in Queen and Wilson with the speed of a safety, tackle like linebackers, and are 6', 232 and 6'4" 242 respectively. If they can fit in beside Roberts, I'll take that combo all day.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    seems like we're due for a year w/o significant injuries to our ILB corps

    knock on wood

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Our ILB and QB situations are both light years ahead of where we were last year

    Getting Queen was my #1 off season desire but never thought it would happen
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Mark Kaboly:


    Who's not excited by the fact that the Steelers might finally have solved their problems at ILB after more than a half decade of searching?

    Then again, there have been recent writeups that claim the ILB position is fading away in favor of hybrid safeties/CBs in the modern NFL.
    I can ONLY HOPE the hybrid model is where the league is headed.
    OUR OFFENSE WILL THRIVE if that is the case.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I can ONLY HOPE the hybrid model is where the league is headed.
    OUR OFFENSE WILL THRIVE if that is the case.

    I think teams have to pick their poison on defense. Get lighter and fast at ILB to handle passing, but be vulnerable to a power running game.

    That is why I suggested in another post that Smith's offense may be the right offense at the right time. A power offense, but with a QB who have proven he can stretch the field when called upon.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •