Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 244

Thread: Tomlin agrees to 3-year extension per Bleacher Report

  1. #111
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    What a bullshi**er. I would have tuned him out in the first minute. He says a lot of nothing. It's why he can't motivate players.

    https://x.com/steelers/status/1801602237564915866
    I'm gonna assume that is sarcasm....

  2. #112
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    What a bullshi**er. I would have tuned him out in the first minute. He says a lot of nothing. It's why he can't motivate players.

    https://x.com/steelers/status/1801602237564915866
    It's why he can't do what?


  3. #113
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    It's why he can't do what?
    Can't motivate his players. It's all word salad. Players are tuning him for this reason. When you say all mumble jumble Tomlinisms, and then he can't backup the nonsense with a prepared football team, guys quit listening in the locker room. That is what is happening on the team, I believe.









  4. #114
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    That whole thing looked stilted because it was being filmed. I'd like to see the hidden camera version, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be safe for work.

  5. #115
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Flasteel says

    The bottom line for me is that this team is in a position to challenge for a playoff spot each and every year and that is a testament to the head coach and the culture of the program.
    We have been in that postion for the last seven years and still have not won a playoff game. Can you name the other teams that haven't won a playoff game in seven years? Please think about it.

    You are endorsing mediocrity. Not that the Steelers lack talent, rather we under perform relative to the talent we have and that is coaching.

    We are not going anywhere this year. That is my opinion and it is back by facts.

    Too many divas, new players, and bad QB's ...mix in a flawed head coach who is very overrated by some in the media. Tomlin has a horrible track record of hiring people , and retaining the good coaches he has had. He has no head coaching tree.

    I'm a die hard fan, but Tomlin has been killing me softly for years.

    In the end, it is one man's fault. He can't be fired. The odds are strong he will be in his role for the next ten years. His name, Art Rooney II. The Rooney rule.

    As such Tomlin will never be fired.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 06-15-2024 at 05:08 PM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

    Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

    *** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

  6. #116
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    We have been in that postion for the last seven years and still have not won a playoff game. Can you name the other teams that haven't won a playoff game in seven years? Please think about it.

    You are endorsing mediocrity. Not that the Steelers lack talent, rather we under perform relative to the talent we have and that is coaching.

    We are not going anywhere this year. That is my opinion and it is back by facts.

    Too many divas, new players, and bad QB's ...mix in a flawed head coach who is very overrated by some in the media. Tomlin has a horrible track record of hiring people , and retaining the good coaches he has had. He has no head coaching tree.

    I'm a die hard fan, but Tomlin has been killing me softly for years.

    In the end, it is one man's fault. He can't be fired. The odds are strong he will be in his role for the next ten years. His name, Art Rooney II. The Rooney rule.

    As such Tomlin will never be fired.
    The Dolphins haven't won a playoff game in 23 years. The Raiders haven't won one in 21 years. There are several more teams in double-digits.

    In this thread alone there are several posts that factually point out how the Steelers have consistently overperformed against their predicted record...not underperformed. Perhaps you are basing your conclusion on the inexplicable losses to inferior teams that seem to happen every year? Tomlin deserves heat for that, but it doesn't make your observation about underperforming a correct one.

    It's fine if you don't think the team is going anywhere this year. You are of course entitled to your opinion. However, there are no "facts" that back that up. Just your collection of cobbled-together opinions like having too many new players, too many divas, and bad QBs...oh, and of course his coaching tree, which we all know is bound to sink this team in 2024.

    I do agree that Tomlin will never be fired. He will likely walk away in a mutually arranged exit with Rooney, if that playoff win doesn't come soon.

    I'm curious to know when your hatred of Tomlin started. Was it two years after the last playoff win? Five years? Have you ever been okay with Mike Tomlin as this team's head coach?


  7. #117
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    Can't motivate his players. It's all word salad. Players are tuning him for this reason. When you say all mumble jumble Tomlinisms, and then he can't backup the nonsense with a prepared football team, guys quit listening in the locker room. That is what is happening on the team, I believe.
    What players are turning on him? You must be one of the only football-watching humans on the planet who think Tomlin can't motivate his players or that he is losing his locker room. It is simply an absurd statement that has zero factual support. The players LOVE this dude and they talk about it all the time. Players come here because of him.


  8. #118
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    That whole thing looked stilted because it was being filmed. I'd like to see the hidden camera version, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be safe for work.
    LOL, you know the language would be saltier in the real deal

    If AB was still with the team, he might have posted the real speech to Facebook

  9. #119
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    What players are turning on him? You must be one of the only football-watching humans on the planet who think Tomlin can't motivate his players or that he is losing his locker room. It is simply an absurd statement that has zero factual support. The players LOVE this dude and they talk about it all the time. Players come here because of him.
    UM, Harris is turning on him and Heyward is actual talking about playing for another team. " I want volunteers, not hostages - Mike Tomlin "

    A laundry list of bad apples, which Heyward is not one of them. A long diva list like not other coach Tomlin has. Why is this so? Think about that.

    That is a factual response. He has motivated this team to seven non- playoff winning seasons. I'd fire him. Art Rooney II, won't.

    To answer your question in this thread, I was okay with Tomlin in 2016. That was a long time ago. He has not aged well in my opinion even if he has a super bowl ring ( With Bill Cowher players 20 out of 22 were Cowher molded and all of Bill's coaches ) in his back pocket 15+ years ago. He is Barry Switzer like, but without a college resume.

    What advantage does Tomlin bring in your opinion since 2016?
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 06-16-2024 at 09:21 AM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

    Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

    *** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

  10. #120
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    UM, Harris is turning on him and Heyward is actual talking about playing for another team. " I want volunteers, not hostages - Mike Tomlin "

    A laundry list of bad apples, which Heyward is not one of them. A long diva list like not other coach Tomlin has. Why is this so? Think about that.

    That is a factual response. He has motivated this team to seven non- playoff winning seasons. I'd fire him. Art Rooney II, won't.

    To answer your question in this thread, I was okay with Tomlin in 2016. That was a long time ago. He has not aged well in my opinion even if he has a super bowl ring ( With Bill Cowher players 20 out of 22 were Cowher molded and all of Bill's coaches ) in his back pocket 15+ years ago. He is Barry Switzer like, but without a college resume.

    What advantage does Tomlin bring in your opinion since 2016?
    Those guys aren't turning on Tomlin, those guys have contract situations.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •