Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin agrees to 3-year extension per Bleacher Report

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sure we'll see people talking about how he's on the hot seat soon.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Coaches like to coach. I?m sure if we keep hovering around 10-7 he will think maybe one more time might lead to a playoff run.
    Yeah I think maybe it could be sort of like how a gambler thinks, just one more roll, if everything lines up we got this, etc. And it's true and some of it is luck for sure, I just think Tomlin in some ways is his own worst enemy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    "Tomlin Agrees to 3-year Extension"

Told ya

all this blather about Tomlin being on the hot seat, it was just so much nonsense

he's here as long as he wants to be (barring some kind of catastrophic scandal)
    I think the Steelers and Rooney go out of their way to avoid any kind of "hot seat" talk although the media sure was talking about it last season. I would, however, be shocked if Tomlin gets another extension after this one, I think this will be his last one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    I think the Steelers and Rooney go out of their way to avoid any kind of "hot seat" talk although the media sure was talking about it last season. I would, however, be shocked if Tomlin gets another extension after this one, I think this will be his last one.
    With the Steelers, I'll keep being the streak for keeping head coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Haters losing their minds.

Legend

User Info Menu

This thread is proof positive that some here are bigger Tomlin fans than Steeler fans.

FWIW, I think they're going to try a two-year run in Cam and TJ's final years, if it doesn't work out, they'll tear up year 3 and he'll walk away.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    "Tomlin Agrees to 3-year Extension"

Told ya

all this blather about Tomlin being on the hot seat, it was just so much nonsense

he's here as long as he wants to be (barring some kind of catastrophic scandal)

Good thing playoff wins do not count as Tomlin's does not have one in seven years .

We give him a new deal? At least make him earn it this season.

Next year he can threaten to leave or tell his boss you better re-sign me or else!

But we have Tomlin for three more years, so ?
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    This thread is proof positive that some here are bigger Tomlin fans than Steeler fans.

FWIW, I think they're going to try a two-year run in Cam and TJ's final years, if it doesn't work out, they'll tear up year 3 and he'll walk away.
    I know. Fans of a team are never fans of its players and coaches.

Real Steeler fan rather rave about how much better Reid and Garrett are than our guys.

BTW, I agree on the last part. Would not surprise if there is an agreement that Tomlin walks away early if the team does not meet a particular goal.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Coaches like to coach. I?m sure if we keep hovering around 10-7 he will think maybe one more time might lead to a playoff run.
    You need to take off your black & gold glasses. We win 10 games or more you say?!

Well you can bet me another signature bet. Hint hint, you?re wrong again.

By the way, I could use those glasses today.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I know. Fans of a team are never fans of its players and coaches.

Real Steeler fan rather rave about how much better Reid and Garrett are than our guys.

BTW, I agree on the last part. Would not surprise if there is an agreement that Tomlin walks away early if the team does not meet a particular goal.
    Fans of teams usually don't celebrate when the underperformers are given contract extension after contract extension.

If the league hadn't expanded the playoff field to 7 teams, the Steelers would be sitting on exactly one playoff appearance since the Jacksonville fiasco.

One in six seasons.

One that ended in one of the worst playoff losses in team history.

The expansion gave us two more playoff losses, by 21 and 14.

Sorry, the Standard should be higher than that.