Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin agrees to 3-year extension per Bleacher Report

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin agrees to 3-year extension per Bleacher Report

Keep crying

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...027-nfl-season

Of note this will make it a 20-year run. Nice symmetry there to step away at that time.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 06-10-2024 at 02:17 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Keep crying

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...027-nfl-season

Of note this will make it a 20-year run. Nice symmetry there to step away at that time.
    Uh oh
    A whole lotta this gonna happen.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Happy Schadenfreude Monday everyone!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Totally expected as per comments from Rooney and Tomlin, I was surprised to see some comments on here wondering if Tomlin would get extended. I do think it's possible he'll end up stepping down before his contract is up if things continue as they are but we'll see, Rooney is obviously a big fan, most likely outcome - we end up with 3 more wasted seasons.

The weird thing to me is what is Tomlin's motivation at this point, he has earned a ton of money at this point, way more than he'll ever be able to spend, he has a SB victory and he doesn't really seem interested in trying different approaches, ie, it's the same thing year after year and the same results. It's frankly a little bizarre from that perspective, I think he just likes hanging out with the guys haha.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Totally expected as per comments from Rooney and Tomlin, I was surprised to see some comments on here wondering if Tomlin would get extended. I do think it's possible he'll end up stepping down before his contract is up if things continue as they are but we'll see, Rooney is obviously a big fan, most likely outcome - we end up with 3 more wasted seasons.

The weird thing to me is what is Tomlin's motivation at this point, he has earned a ton of money at this point, way more than he'll ever be able to spend, he has a SB victory and he doesn't really seem interested in trying different approaches, ie, it's the same thing year after year and the same results. It's frankly a little bizarre from that perspective, I think he just likes hanging out with the guys haha.
    Coaches like to coach. I’m sure if we keep hovering around 10-7 he will think maybe one more time might lead to a playoff run.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Totally expected as per comments from Rooney and Tomlin, I was surprised to see some comments on here wondering if Tomlin would get extended. I do think it's possible he'll end up stepping down before his contract is up if things continue as they are.
    A fella can dream. I beg you. Please stop with your merciless SLAPS of reality.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Veteran, SB winning QB, rebuilt o-line, 2 headed monster running attack, a legitimate OC (with head coaching experience), stud MLB. No Canada sized excuses to fall back on. Winning 9 is not a good season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Veteran, SB winning QB, rebuilt o-line, 2 headed monster running attack, a legitimate OC (with head coaching experience), stud MLB. No Canada sized excuses to fall back on. Winning 9 is not a good season.

Add no Kenny Pickett and its all looking good
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

"Tomlin Agrees to 3-year Extension"

Told ya

all this blather about Tomlin being on the hot seat, it was just so much nonsense

he's here as long as he wants to be (barring some kind of catastrophic scandal)
    Last edited by Buzz; 06-10-2024 at 05:55 PM.