Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pickett Is Shining vs Hurts In Philly

Legend

User Info Menu

Pickett Is Shining vs Hurts In Philly

News that might irk a few board members......

Former Steelers QB Outperforming Jalen Hurts With Eagles
    The former Pittsburgh Steelers starter is impressing early in Philadelphia.
    Noah Strackbein | May 24, 2024

Pittsburgh Steelers

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers moved on from Kenny Pickett after the former first-round pick asked for a trade following the addition of Russell Wilson. The trade sent him to Philadelphia, where he'll begin working as the backup to Jalen Hurts.

But so far, Pickett looks like the star. According to All Eagles' Ed Kracz, Pickett is outperforming Hurts during Organized Team Activities, showcasing his accuracy when working as the QB2.

"The backup quarterback looked sharp, sharper than Jalen Hurts, to be honest. Hurts was on the money on his first two seven-on-seven throws, hitting A.J. Brown on a quick inside slant then following up with a nice sideline throw about 15 yards downfield.
    Pickett, though, was consistently on target. The Eagles can win games with him if something happens to Hurts," Kracz writes.

Pickett is the backup in Philadelphia, and no matter how impressive he looks during the offseason, there's almost no room for him to earn the starting job over Hurts on the Eagles roster. That being said, he could continue to shine and make a name for himself in Philadelphia, potentially opening the door for another team to view him as a starter and try to land him via trade.

In Pittsburgh, Russell Wilson remains the QB1 with Justin Fields working behind him. But according to Fields, there's more of a competition that the Steelers let on between the two.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he'll be one of the better back ups in the league.

Legend

User Info Menu

Before LAST regular season, Kenny was the best QB in the league.

Then came the REAL GAMES.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Hurts is average and was hurting last year
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    News that might irk a few board members......

Former Steelers QB Outperforming Jalen Hurts With Eagles
    The former Pittsburgh Steelers starter is impressing early in Philadelphia.
    Noah Strackbein | May 24, 2024

Pittsburgh Steelers

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers moved on from Kenny Pickett after the former first-round pick asked for a trade following the addition of Russell Wilson. The trade sent him to Philadelphia, where he'll begin working as the backup to Jalen Hurts.

But so far, Pickett looks like the star. According to All Eagles' Ed Kracz, Pickett is outperforming Hurts during Organized Team Activities, showcasing his accuracy when working as the QB2.

"The backup quarterback looked sharp, sharper than Jalen Hurts, to be honest. Hurts was on the money on his first two seven-on-seven throws, hitting A.J. Brown on a quick inside slant then following up with a nice sideline throw about 15 yards downfield.
    Pickett, though, was consistently on target. The Eagles can win games with him if something happens to Hurts," Kracz writes.

Pickett is the backup in Philadelphia, and no matter how impressive he looks during the offseason, there's almost no room for him to earn the starting job over Hurts on the Eagles roster. That being said, he could continue to shine and make a name for himself in Philadelphia, potentially opening the door for another team to view him as a starter and try to land him via trade.

In Pittsburgh, Russell Wilson remains the QB1 with Justin Fields working behind him. But according to Fields, there's more of a competition that the Steelers let on between the two.
    Lots of guys play great in shorts. Kenny was real sharp a year ago both at Latrobe n in the pre-season. 1st string hits the field and things went south real fast.
    KP I believe will be a serviceable back up qb for the Eagles.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't want to hear this! If Pickett ever does end up starting and playing well elsewhere it should irk every Steeler fan.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    I don't want to hear this! If Pickett ever does end up starting and playing well elsewhere it should irk every Steeler fan.
    Even the thought of that HURTS.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Not surprised by this news. Pickett's development was stunted by poor coaching and a poor offensive system in Pittsburgh.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Both are backup QBs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Always said Kenny may get lucky like Dobbs and get traded once teams need a QB due to injury.

Dobbs started TWELVE games last year.

Mason started 14 in 6 seasons.

but if he really is showing a little something Philly may hold onto him in case Hurts gets Hurt. I don’t put much into one day of practice. I remember someone saying Hurts looked like crap in camp the same year he took them to a SB.

Just someone trying to get clicks.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"