Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers finally have a reliable QB...OUCH!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Boss man made the decision. There is ONLY one boss man for the Steelers. Boss man always has the final say.

Imagine you owned an NFL team. Would you be hands on or hands off?
    He'd have to change his name to Dan Snyder
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He'd have to change his name to Dan Snyder
    Rooney is a "silent" owner. "Mr. Rooney is the boss". Tomlin. "Of course Art will be involved because he is the owner and knows every step of the process". Colbert.

Tomlin is the coach. Tomlin's MAIN job is to help the team win games regardless of the circumstances he is dealt as a HC.

Boss man didn't fire Tomlin yet. Maybe Tomlin is in a prove it year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Unless something bad happens. Then Tomlin will have complete control over the entire organization!
    this is so true... if the offense struggles, it will be because Tomlin must have wanted Arthur Smith or Russell Wilson.

I honestly don't think the folks who really hate Tomlin realize how ridiculous they sound.

And if you don't blame *everything* on him, you must *love* him (which is really weird, but seems to be the way of the world these days)
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    So Tomlin allowed Canada to come to work Monday, watch film, prepare for the next opponent, etc., but fired him on Tuesday because he didn't clean the coffee pot?

Some of you will follow Tomlin's new team if he ever leaves the Steelers.

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/11/st...r-matt-canada/
    I agree that Rooney had to buy off on a thing we had never done before (at least not in 75 years or so).

The question isn't "did Rooney buy off on it?".

The question is "was Tomlin lobbying for it, and if so for how long?".

Since firing a coordinator in season had never happened since at least Chaz was hired, suggests that it's an organizational policy. And the HC didn't have the ability to unilaterally fire the OC.

But we don't know if the OC was fired because Rooney finally relented to something Tomlin had been asking for, or if Rooney forced the firing all by himself.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that Rooney had to buy off on a thing we had never done before (at least not in 75 years or so).

Since firing a coordinator in season had never happened since at least Chaz was hired, suggests that it's an organizational policy. And the HC didn't have the ability to unilaterally fire the OC.

But we don't know if the OC was fired because Rooney finally relented to something Tomlin had been asking for, or if Rooney forced the firing all by himself.
    What we know is that Boss Man made the decision. Why didn't fans learn that Boss Man has the final say over the franchise is the question I have?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    What we know is that Boss Man made the decision. Why didn't fans learn that Boss Man has the final say over the franchise is the question I have?
    I don't think anyone has argued that Rooney wasn't involved in the decision.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    this is so true... if the offense struggles, it will be because Tomlin must have wanted Arthur Smith or Russell Wilson.

I honestly don't think the folks who really hate Tomlin realize how ridiculous they sound.

And if you don't blame *everything* on him, you must *love* him (which is really weird, but seems to be the way of the world these days)
    Exactly! And if the offense were to flourish, Windy has already provided his narrative - because Khan and AR2 finally took over. No matter the outcome, there is a baked-in anti-Tomlin spin that is floated in advance to try and make the absurd seem believable. Like you said...it's the way of the world these days. I feel like most Tomlin haters also like red ball caps.

Legend

User Info Menu

You are totally right...we don't know.

We do know that Rooney, Tomlin and Khan work closely together and seem to focus on group consensus. Despite this we have the intellectually lazy who blame Tomlin forthe bad and make it someone else's decision for the good.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

This.

He's not the best coach in the league.

But he's pretty good.

And it's silly to put all the blame for everything at his feet. Especially when the argument is that he gets no credit for anything that goes right.

He has complete and utter control when things don't go well.

But anything good means that the new GM wrested entire control from Tomlin (for that day) to make good decisions.

Until the next decision that looks bad...that clearly means that Tomlin regained complete control...until the next good decision.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think anyone has argued that Rooney wasn't involved in the decision.
    Rooney is beyond being involved. Rooney was the man that decided to trade KP to the Eagles. Rooney makes the final decision.