Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin is everything you want in a coach

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin is everything you want in a coach

According to Patrick Queen who openly praises Coach Tomlin. Just more of what we have heard from the other "new guys" in Wilson and Fields

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...oach-otas-2024

Now lets see how quickly the "just sucking up to the new coach" posts appear in 3...2...1...
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Melvin Ingram, Legarrette Blount, James Harrison, Mason Rudolph could not be reached for comment.

I heard the folks at the WH praise Biden the other day, he must be doing a great job!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Melvin Ingram, Legarrette Blount, James Harrison, Mason Rudolph could not be reached for comment.

I heard the folks at the WH praise Biden the other day, he must be doing a great job!
    Neither could Kenny Pickett.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    According to Patrick Queen who openly praises Coach Tomlin. Just more of what we have heard from the other "new guys" in Wilson and Fields

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...oach-otas-2024
    and none of those 3 have ever even played a down for him yet
    LOL

Let's see, a couple months into the season, if they're all still so effusive in their praise of MT, or if one of them feels he's in some kind of a "hostage" situation

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    and none of those 3 have ever even played a down for him yet
    LOL

Let's see, a couple months into the season, if they're all still so effusive in their praise of MT, or if one of them feels he's in some kind of a "hostage" situation
    There is a long list of players that want to play for Tomlin, Buzz. Tomlin isn't perfect. No coach is perfect.

Regardless of how anyone feels about Tomlin as a HC, I believe Tomlin generally had this team prepared to win regardless of "who" started or played.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    There is a long list of players that want to play for Tomlin, Buzz. Tomlin isn't perfect. No coach is perfect.

Regardless of how anyone feels about Tomlin as a HC, I believe Tomlin generally had this team prepared to win regardless of "who" started or played.
    You forgot the asterisk *Not counting the playoffs in the last decade or so.

Legend

User Info Menu

You can be BOTH "everything you want in a coach" and also "stale". 4 seasons out of 17 with a playoff win is smelling a little stale to me.

Is there any other organization in the history of the NFL that gives out that gigantic of a leash? I'd give up the winning record streak in a heartbeat to add more playoff wins in that 17 year span.
    Last edited by Eich; 05-23-2024 at 11:08 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There is nothing that can be said by anyone that will change the minds of those who are against Tomlin. I doubt even a Super Bowl win would change their minds. Most of them would say it was Khan's players or done somehow in spite of Tomlin. People too often refuse to abandon their convictions, regardless of the evidence presented to refute it. They will seek solace in the words and company of those who agree with them and embrace theories that support the narratives they have constructed - no matter how ridiculous the theory may be.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    You can be BOTH "everything you want in a coach" and also "stale". 4 seasons out of 17 with a playoff win is smelling a little stale to me.

Is there any other organization in the history of the NFL that gives out that gigantic of a leash? I'd give up the winning record streak in a heartbeat to add more playoff wins in that 17 year span.
    I'm not sure I would want multiple losing seasons and get one game further in the play-offs. If it was a Super Bowl victory...maybe.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm not sure I would want multiple losing seasons and get one game further in the play-offs. If it was a Super Bowl victory...maybe.
    Agree - not that extreme. But say in a 6 year span, I'd take 3 losing seasons to get 2-3 COMPETITIVE playoff runs.

We haven't been relevant in the playoffs for a VERY long time. It pains me that we've become a bit of a joke of the playoffs. The team everyone wants to face in the first round. That doesn't live up to what used to be the "standard", the "City of Champions".