Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin is everything you want in a coach

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Wow so Tomlin had to fire Kenny for you to give him deserved *credit* for having a defense unprepared when we gave up 45 to the Jags.

You ready to call the haters right but not me.
    WTF are you talking about? We have been terrible on both sides of the ball in the playoffs the last 7 years.

Has nothing to do with Kenny. I wanted Tomlin fired after the Pats loss in the AFCCG the prior year. You need some new material.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 05-25-2024 at 10:35 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think both losses were mostly on Ben.

But I think the coaching was worse in the Browns game. Unfortunately, the execution was also worse in the Browns game.

The issues in the Jax game (both coaching and Ben) were because they were a terrible matchup for us. We drew a team with a very strong running game when we didn't have any good ILBs (I think coaching issue was playing Spence over Forte here IMO...I think Spence should have gotten the nod against a team like the Pats, but not the Jags).

Re: Ben. Their D that year was amazing. And they owned Ben every series the game was within 10 points over two games.

We've had the conversation many times though...
    Cap will not give up on the Jax loss

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    There is no evidence simply because it hasn't happened so how could there be?
    That is HIS point. It wasnt ever happened so there is ZERO basis for your contention that people will back Tomlin if he has a string of losing seasons.

We KNOW Tomlin hate does not die with playoff success. We SAW that.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-26-2024 at 02:59 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    WTF are you talking about? We have been terrible on both sides of the ball in the playoffs the last 7 years.

Has nothing to do with Kenny. I wanted Tomlin fired after the Pats loss in the AFCCG the prior year. You need some new material.
    You wanted Tomlin fired for like A WEEK after losing to the Pats. Then you were back on the Tomlin train. When I said the Jags game was badly coached by Tomlin you blamed BEN instead.

What does this have to do with Kenny? Only AFTER Kenny did you suddenly put the blame on Tomlin for ALL recent playoff failures.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Oddly, I think coaching was most involved in the loss to the Browns.

I think it's hard to win when you're -5. It's insane that Ben got it as close as he did.

But how we got owned so hard on the ground on defense, I don't know.

And while I spent a post or two talking about how bad Pouncey and Ben were (very bad), Tomlin needed to do a better job slowing them down schematically. And Cam basically made zero plays against a guy making something like his 2nd NFL start. Total failure all around.
    Agreed. Tomlin vs a HC that wasn't even there, and he lost. Shameful.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin didn't fire Kenny anymore than he fired Canada. Omar and Art became the responsible parent that took away the child's broken toys before he hurt himself further.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You wanted Tomlin fired for like A WEEK after losing to the Pats. Then you were back on the Tomlin train. When I said the Jags game was badly coached by Tomlin you blamed BEN instead.

What does this have to do with Kenny? Only AFTER Kenny did you suddenly put the blame on Tomlin for ALL recent playoff failures.
    so you admit I have wanted Tomlin fired after a bad loss back in 2016. Thank you

I’m a level headed fan. I calmed down and retracted my statement because looking at his career up to 2016 and it wasn’t worthy of being fired.

Jax game. Ben has 2 TO’s, one for a DTD. Offense folded anytime it was a one possession game. Yet I’m supposed to praise Ben for that performance because of garbage time stats? Keep in mind I did not praise the defense for that performance.

Flash forward to 2024. 7 years later and I want Tomlin fired AFTER THE AZ and PATS loss because of the defense and sticking with Mitch when Kenny wasn’t even available and its because of Kenny?

Do you even hear yourself?

“8 years after the Pats loss and now you want to hold Tomlin accountable??!”

YESSS!!! YOU ARE CORRECT. I HAVE WAITED 8 FREAKING YEARS WITHOUT A PLAYOFF WIN TO FINALLY ADMIT TOMLIN IS OUT OF CHANCES WITH ME IF HE DOESN’T WIN IN 2024.

If Tomlin turns things around and wins I will jump right on the bandwagon. I have no problem rooting for him to win. It has gotten old arguing with Tomlin haters and being proven wrong 7 or 8 years straight. Just comes a time when you have to stop blaming everyone BUT Tomlin for these losses. All these losses go on his resume.

What makes this even funnier is I’m on record defending Mason more than most over the years yet all the people who hated him now try and tell me I was the hater because I was a Kenny fan. Any suggestions of playing Mason were met with a “helllll no” by most of this board. Which is just another example of Tomlin missing on the depth chart when we all knew Mitch was not the answer this year if Kenny went down.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 05-26-2024 at 04:17 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    so you admit I have wanted Tomlin fired after a bad loss back in 2016. Thank you

I?m a level headed fan. I calmed down and retracted my statement because looking at his career up to 2016 and it wasn?t worthy of being fired.

Jax game. Ben has 2 TO?s, one for a DTD. Offense folded anytime it was a one possession game. Yet I?m supposed to praise Ben for that performance because of garbage time stats? Keep in mind I did not praise the defense for that performance.

Flash forward to 2024. 7 years later and I want Tomlin fired AFTER THE AZ and PATS loss because of the defense and sticking with Mitch when Kenny wasn?t even available and its because of Kenny?

Do you even hear yourself?

?8 years after the Pats loss and now you want to hold Tomlin accountable??!?

YESSS!!! YOU ARE CORRECT. I HAVE WAITED 8 FREAKING YEARS WITHOUT A PLAYOFF WIN TO FINALLY ADMIT TOMLIN IS OUT OF CHANCES WITH ME IF HE DOESN?T WIN IN 2024.

If Tomlin turns things around and wins I will jump right on the bandwagon. I have no problem rooting for him to win. It has gotten old arguing with Tomlin haters and being proven wrong 7 or 8 years straight. Just comes a time when you have to stop blaming everyone BUT Tomlin for these losses. All these losses go on his resume.

What makes this even funnier is I?m on record defending Mason more than most over the years yet all the people who hated him now try and tell me I was the hater because I was a Kenny fan. Any suggestions of playing Mason were met with a ?helllll no? by most of this board. Which is just another example of Tomlin missing on the depth chart when we all knew Mitch was not the answer this year if Kenny went down.
    Felt, the problem with the argument here is that you've said that you wouldn't want Tomlin gone if they didn't push Kenny out.

We know why you're upset with the FO. And it's not because of the loss to the Pats almost a decade ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

Felt, the problem with the argument here is that you've said that you wouldn't want Tomlin gone if they didn't push Kenny out.

We know why you're upset with the FO. And it's not because of the loss to the Pats almost a decade ago.
    Wrong. I said Tomlin would be given more grace if they stuck with Kenny because it would be Kenny’s first playoff loss. I never said I would be fine with Tomlin if Kenny lost a playoff game in 2024.

Don’t lie on me NB.

You keep repeating that Kenny losing his first playoff game would be the same as Wilson losing a playoff game in 2024. Its a a ridiculous comparison.

Russ has played in 16 playoff games and 2 SB’s. The expectations are much higher with Russ. Why is this so hard to grasp?
    Last edited by feltdizz; 05-26-2024 at 07:03 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

How much longer does Tomlin get without a playoff win before you guys feel its time to move on?

A decade?
    A bakers dozen?
    Until he decides he wants to retire?