Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers tweaking Fields' mechanics

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers tweaking Fields' mechanics

Going back to shotgun stance used at OSU, not what Getsy made him change to.

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-twe...anics-at-otas/

Legend

User Info Menu

If it gets him to this level, I'm all for it

20-2 as an Ohio State starting quarterback
    ? Threw for 5,373 yards ? 10th at Ohio State ? in just two seasons
    ? Also threw for 63 touchdowns ? second at Ohio State ? and completed 68.4 pct. of his passes (second at Ohio State) with just nine interceptions
    ? Rushed for 867 yards and 15 touchdowns
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Great to hear, I’m all in for JF.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If it gets him to this level, I'm all for it
    Same, I'm excited about what Russ can do in this offense, too, but at the first sign of faltering I'll be screaming for Fields. Much more upside.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have a sneaking suspicion that Luke Getsy was the source of those "bad teammate" leaks a couple weeks ago. He's trying to get out in front of the questions he'll have to face if Fields turns it around in Pittsburgh. Why would he change something that was working?

Bears have been kind of adopted as my low key NFC team just because they play a few blocks away and I see all the coverage, but I'm not gonna lie, would find it hilarious if Caleb flopped and Fields took off.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Same, I'm excited about what Russ can do in this offense, too, but at the first sign of faltering I'll be screaming for Fields. Much more upside.

We agree on this. I feel it is more important to extend Fields than Wilson. That said, I think Wilson will have a very good year. He will get 25+ TDs...unless our thin WR room torpedoes us.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I have a sneaking suspicion that Luke Getsy was the source of those "bad teammate" leaks a couple weeks ago. He's trying to get out in front of the questions he'll have to face if Fields turns it around in Pittsburgh. Why would he change something that was working?

Bears have been kind of adopted as my low key NFC team just because they play a few blocks away and I see all the coverage, but I'm not gonna lie, would find it hilarious if Caleb flopped and Fields took off.
    I assume we'll eventually see QB Caleb Williams in a Steelers uniform.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I assume we'll eventually see QB Caleb Williams in a Steelers uniform.

Ha! I've been kidding my friends here about this very thing. "Don't break him too much".

Legend

User Info Menu

Fields has a chance to return the fire from anonymous coach (read: Luke Getsy) and takes the high road.

https://x.com/MikeDeFabo/status/1792990719415660822

Legend

User Info Menu

Fields has a chance to return the fire from anonymous coach (read: Luke Getsy) and takes the high road.

https://x.com/MikeDeFabo/status/1792990719415660822
    Hope he works out. Pretty much everything I've read makes him seem like a good human.