Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Thomas Anyone?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Michael Thomas Anyone?

There are rumors popping up that he and the Steelers are talking. I get the recent and lengthy injury history, but he's still only 31 and likely has more talent than any receiver available.

If the team can clear him medically (a big if), I would really like this signing.

Legend

User Info Menu

We're pretty desperate at WR, so maybe something like this happens.

He's started 15 games over the last 4 seasons. I guess the "good news" is that he had 7 starts last year and appeared in 10 games.

But I'd be a hard pass for me if he want's any kind of middling WR contract.

Last year, he had a small base salary $1.2MM, a $2.2MM roster bonus (guaranteed) with a cap number of $12.5MM (mostly from the prorated SB). I wouldn't want to pay him very much because the risk is super high. I wonder if he'd play for the ~$3.5MM he earned last season?

Maybe with some heavy incentives for playing time thresholds (which we don't like to give out).
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-17-2024 at 11:47 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    There are rumors popping up that he and the Steelers are talking. I get the recent and lengthy injury history, but he's still only 31 and likely has more talent than any receiver available.

If the team can clear him medically (a big if), I would really like this signing.
    Man has the standard for WR fallen. The guy is a gimp on two feet. There is no team in the NFL that is that desperate. Just sign a guy from another teams PS.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure, if there a money line for games played before IR I’m taking the under.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

The choice is Thomas at vet min or pass.....I still pass.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't see him at this stage being a difference maker. I would pass.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In 2019 Michael Thomas was an absolute beast. In 2024 he’s just another warm body with a pulse.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thomas is still probably better than our collection of journeymen

Thomas had 39 receptions in 10 games
    Austin...who I like, had 17
    Van Jefferson had 20
    Quez Watkins had 15
    Scotty Miller had 11

A broken down Thomas seems better than whatever we have. Also, remember our OC coached in the same division as the Saints so if he is intereted he has seen something he likes

I'm still hoping for a trade
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Old, washed, injury prone, locker room problem.

Hard pass, can't believe the Steelers are really sniffing around here.