Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Thomas Anyone?

Legend

User Info Menu

Nope dont want him. But am I the only member who thinks Mims could be our #2? I mean the dude is 6 foot 3 and runs in the 4.3s.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Nope dont want him. But am I the only member who thinks Mims could be our #2? I mean the dude is 6 foot 3 and runs in the 4.3s.
    Psst. Joel hacked your account.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Psst. Joel hacked your account.
    Joel likes Mims? Nevermind. He will then be a monumental failure. My bad…lol.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Interesting, as you are a Buckeye fan. I'm saying if he can be cleared medically - and of course assuming they can get him at a reasonable price. I don't see a more talented receiver available on the market.

Other than medical, is there some reason you don't want the guy? I know he punched a teammate in the face a few years ago and had some social media meltdown more recently. I didn't think the guy was a diva though. I thought he had a reputation as a hard worker who runs solid routes, gets open underneath, and has fantastic hands.

I'm not saying Mims couldn't possibly fill the WR2 role, but he has never done anything in the NFL. He was a stud coming out of Baylor but hasn't been remotely the same receiver in the League. If I'm not mistaken, he has a reputation for running poor routes and having bad hands. He also got waived with an injury designation by Detroit last year.

I get that Mims is a step faster, but I don't see how he has more potential than a healthy Thomas. I'm curious to know why you think he does.

Legend

User Info Menu

Says he was "fully healthy" going into 2023 season, but only started in 7 games. Then finished out the last two months of the season by sitting on the bench. What good is a WR that can't even finish half a season?

https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-wr-m...e-toe-surgerie

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Says he was "fully healthy" going into 2023 season, but only started in 7 games. Then finished out the last two months of the season by sitting on the bench. What good is a WR that can't even finish half a season?

https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-wr-m...e-toe-surgerie
    This.

I'd take pretty much anyone on a vet minimum deal. But if you're expecting Thomas to produce in a division game this year...well, prepared to be dissapointed.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I’ve actually been watching the UFL and Hakeem Butler is playing like the best receiver in that entire league. I think the Steelers should bring him back again just to kick the tires on him one more time.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    I’ve actually been watching the UFL and Hakeem Butler is playing like the best receiver in that entire league. I think the Steelers should bring him back again just to kick the tires on him one more time.
    Deja Vu...same thing last year and he couldn't make the roster
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Interesting, as you are a Buckeye fan. I'm saying if he can be cleared medically - and of course assuming they can get him at a reasonable price. I don't see a more talented receiver available on the market.

Other than medical, is there some reason you don't want the guy? I know he punched a teammate in the face a few years ago and had some social media meltdown more recently. I didn't think the guy was a diva though. I thought he had a reputation as a hard worker who runs solid routes, gets open underneath, and has fantastic hands.

I'm not saying Mims couldn't possibly fill the WR2 role, but he has never done anything in the NFL. He was a stud coming out of Baylor but hasn't been remotely the same receiver in the League. If I'm not mistaken, he has a reputation for running poor routes and having bad hands. He also got waived with an injury designation by Detroit last year.

I get that Mims is a step faster, but I don't see how he has more potential than a healthy Thomas. I'm curious to know why you think he does.
    there are plenty of Buckeyes I dont want playing for the Steelers. Most of them actually. Your last statement says it all. A healthy Thomas. When you bring an oft injured star into an offense and he is in and out, it creates problems. It means the offense has to constant rearrange and scramble. I would rather see the guys we have fight for the #2 spot. A starter who is healthy. Thomas can?t stay on the field and he is 31. I want us to develop young healthy talent rather than enable old hobbled past their prime receivers.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

there are plenty of Buckeyes I dont want playing for the Steelers. Most of them actually. Your last statement says it all. A healthy Thomas. When you bring an oft injured star into an offense and he is in and out, it creates problems. It means the offense has to constant rearrange and scramble. I would rather see the guys we have fight for the #2 spot. A starter who is healthy. Thomas can?t stay on the field and he is 31. I want us to develop young healthy talent rather than enable old hobbled past their prime receivers.
    I understand that getting medically cleared in May isn't predictive of getting injured at some point down the road. However, the dude had very little injury history before his recent rash. Every one of those major injuries were also in the same leg and were stacked in close proximity to one another. You would know better than I, but there's a possibility that there was a compensation issue involved and those injuries were related. Again, if that leg checks out and he's showing no ill effects, then why not take a shot at the right price? The injuries certainly do add some uncertainty, but I don't necessarily think it's accurate to say he's cooked. Besides, if Thomas were to go down, then you'd still have your platoon of young guys fighting for that same role in the offense.

I was just interested in seeing if there was some other reason besides health that you didn't want him. I absolutely get that concern but think it's worth the risk at the right price.