Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heyward not at voluntary minicamp

Legend

User Info Menu

Heyward not at voluntary minicamp

Wants a new contract. Stick to your guns, Omar, Cam is 35 and coming off of an injury. I wouldn't kick ANY money down the road until after the season, depending on how they do.

If they fall flat, this shyte is hopefully getting blown up, and Cam will be a casualty of that.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/05/re...nts-extension/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm sure they won't overpay - but cam has a value beyond on the field. He's the kind of steeler you want in the locker room, they know that. I expect they will work out a deal that respects everything he brings, doesn't hold the team hostage and if they have to part ways - it will be structured to work for both sides. as for the voluntary, yep he's 35. He doesn't need any extra miles on that body. save it all for sept.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

usually I would shrug but he is making it clear he is sitting out for an extension, lol.

he better give us the friendliest home team discount possible at that age and durability or lack there of.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

He's always there, too. This is about money. Team is going all in trying to get him a ring and he's looking for one more bag.

We all know what the Pats would have done during their heyday, actually probably a couple years before it got to this.

He's getting $16M in cash this year at age 35 coming off of an injury.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 05-16-2024 at 07:43 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Definition of Voluntary

VOLUNTARY. 1. : done or given because you want to and not because you are forced to : done or given by choice. a voluntary agreement/decision.
    He's been there a nd done that. Nothing to worry about
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    usually I would shrug but he is making it clear he is sitting out for an extension, lol.

he better give us the friendliest home team discount possible at that age and durability or lack there of.
    If Heyward's plan is to sit out so he can get a extension, he can go f right off. If this is the case I'd play right along and let him sit out and enjoy his early retirement minus his $16 million he'll lose. Never let a player hold a team hostage.

This is the same prick who back stabbed Pickett, recruited Wilson and lied about Tuitt returning among the many things a leader in the locker room shouldn't do. Perhaps coach Tomlin should tell Heyward to shut up and play ball, not suck in the playoffs and win a playoff game and then maybe we'll sign you for another year. Not get your ass to work or you can start enjoying your retirement minus your $16 million salary for the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    If Heyward's plan is to sit out so he can get a extension, he can go f right off. If this is the case I'd play right along and let him sit out and enjoy his early retirement minus his $16 million he'll lose. Never let a player hold a team hostage.

This is the same prick who back stabbed Pickett, recruited Wilson and lied about Tuitt returning among the many things a leader in the locker room shouldn't do. Perhaps coach Tomlin should tell Heyward to shut up and play ball, not suck in the playoffs and win a playoff game and then maybe we'll sign you for another year. Not get your ass to work or you can start enjoying your retirement minus your $16 million salary for the season.
    If Heyward was the leader he's purported to be, the issues with DJ and Pickens and even Pickett wouldn't have gotten to where they were. He and Najee and others are good crowing to the media when they don't like what's going on in the locker room, but apparently they don't want to confront anyone and nip it in the bud.

I know, everyone loves him. Everyone avoids confrontation and wants to be liked now.

You know who isn't well-liked by teammates? Guys who kick ass and keep people in line and hold them to high standards. Who are those guys on the Steelers?
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 05-16-2024 at 09:33 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

“Voluntary”
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

I have no problem with him not being there for voluntary workouts. He's been around long enough. It was once a very common thing for vets to "hold out" just to come to camp in time for them to get ready for the pre-season, as if it was agreed upon.

However, I would not give him one extra penny. I was in favour of either asking him to take a pay cut or releasing him and saving $16M. Not a chance I would pay him.