Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you take a 2025 draft pick to trade Harris?

Legend

User Info Menu

Would you take a 2025 draft pick to trade Harris?

The Steelers better take what the can while he he's trade value. I will settle for a 3rd round pick.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Harris not being extended puts the Steelers in an awkward position regarding a trade. He's a f/a at year end so teams know they won't need to give up draft capital to sign him just cap room.
    Now if it became a sign and trade that's not as likely but possible. Too a contender who looses a running back to injury could come calling again not so likely but possible.
    Best case scenario he plays out this year does well and then hits free agency. If he gets paid well enough then we should get a comp pick a year later. And there is always the outside chance we keep him around on the cheap for a few short years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not without a plan A to replace him. Which we don't have. He's worth way more to us now than the future 3rd or 4th round pick or whatever we could get for him.

I don't think having just Warren is a good idea.

I think the best play is to see if we can get a lower cost extension. If he doesn't want that, let him walk and draft a new guy next year.

Trading him for futures now makes a huge hole on the team. Especially since we only have one proven WR.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No way I trade him. You can deride him all you want for not seeing or hitting holes the way Warren does or for not having break-away speed. Fair enough. But Najee is still a special talent. He excels at literally every other facet of the game. Pass catching, pass pro, durable, never fumbles, and a physical, punishing presence.

I think Najee is going to have a fantastic year behind this line and in this offense. On top of that, he's been put into a contract year situation and I expect to see rockets shooting out of his a$$. I think it's highly probable his second contract will be right here. So again, no thanks on trading away all of that for a future 3rd round pick. Like someone else stated, even if he walks in free agency, the Steelers could reap a 3rd round comp pick, provided he signs a big contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

and then its Warren and who else? Another UDFA?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

No thank you...Najee is still the best RB on the team
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

A team who has worked to improve a playoff team in the off-season, improved the run game by upgrading the OL and the next move is to dump your starting RB in return for nothing that will improve the team this year? I'd call it a hard pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    A team who has worked to improve a playoff team in the off-season, improved the run game by upgrading the OL and the next move is to dump your starting RB in return for nothing that will improve the team this year? I'd call it a hard pass.
    This.

We're in a soft "win now" type season.

Trading starting players for futures (probably of marginal value) doesn't fit this idea at all.

I think it's weird that Joel has two posts with seemingly opposite ideas: (1) NFL should implement a lottery so teams can't tank; (2) we should trade our best RB and most proven sill player for a future draft pick or two (probably middling rounds).
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-13-2024 at 03:24 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, we're all-in to win ONE playoff game this season. That's the measure of success for all the moves they've made. Dumping the OC. Cleaning out the QB room. Drafting the OL. It has to equal one playoff win or it was a bust and there will be more house cleaning for next season.

There's no chance IMO of getting rid of Najee this season. The OL is built now for him and Warren to do their thing and hide some of our weakness in the passing game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Yeah, we're all-in to win ONE playoff game this season. That's the measure of success for all the moves they've made. Dumping the OC. Cleaning out the QB room. Drafting the OL. It has to equal one playoff win or it was a bust and there will be more house cleaning for next season.

There's no chance IMO of getting rid of Najee this season. The OL is built now for him and Warren to do their thing and hide some of our weakness in the passing game.
    I would say there is a chance we do. It depends on IF we are offered a draft pick to trade. I take a 3rd round pick for him.

NO extension for Tomlin now, please Rooney just don't.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.